just in and not just any Tokarev

Just picked up from my LGS a TC33 or in simple Tokarev Cugir. It is a Romanian version of a post war Russian TT33

Commonly but incorrectly referred to as TTC (which is Russian not Romanian and the direct translation being Tokarev Tula Sport - remember that S is a C in Russian). One of those things that you can blame on Century or another importer that was bringing Russian Toks id’d as TTCs and claiming that it stood for Tula Tokarev Cugir.
unluckily it is not a numbers matching gun, has a bit of holster wear, but all the parts are Romanian.

surprising good trigger and has the correct Romanian Star on the grips

13 Likes

Nice find @srdiver !

10 Likes

with all things tokarev - just one more added to the herd.
Best part - paid US$195

9 Likes

Wow, that is great

9 Likes

Very cool @srdiver

9 Likes

I bought one of those a few years back actually 2. If you bought 2 you got them for $125 each. Gave one to my dad that year for Christmas. They are fun guns to shoot. The grip sucks. I put an after market one on mine.

8 Likes

Also 7.62x25 is a fun cartridge to experiment with at the reloading bench.

9 Likes

left to right mouser soft point, 85 gr hornady hp, and a 36 gr varmit grenade 223 proj in a 308 sabot. i did build a bolt gun in tok so i have pistol/rifle combo. tok is awesome. the sabot load goes to fast to get a chrono on. groups ok though.

8 Likes

right on I love this level of experimenting. excellent work. :+1:

5 Likes