Just let this sink in... hahhahahaa

Well then there is this bummer news. Sad really, I blame the economy.

Read more: March Firearm Sales, NICS Checks for 2022 are Third Highest on Record - AmmoLand.com
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

The NICS checks for March 2022 are also much reduced over the previous two years. In 2022, they were 3.08 million. In 2020, they were 3.74 million. In 2021, they were 4.69 million. The next largest number of NICS was in 2018, with 2.77 million Checks

5 Likes

@Ridgewalker

Other than the certainty of monthly rises and falls, what is so sad? I am glad more and more people are waking up to the need of a firearm for protection (and more). Samuel Colt was oh so right in his famous quote ā€œGod created men. Sam Colt made them equal.ā€ (Unfortunately, there appears to be multiple versions of this saying, but they all mean the same thing.)

5 Likes

I was lamenting that firearm purchases have declined for 2 straight years from their high. Mostly I believe because of the economy, inflation and higher prices.

Still it was the 3rd highest on record. So thereā€™s that I supposeā€¦

6 Likes

Ammo cost and availability probably hasnā€™t helped with gun sales.

6 Likes

It could be alot of new gun owners dont see the need for more than one gun . I KNOW they are wrong but that is how they think . And ammo cost and finding it are a factor plus cheap guns are getting harder to find . Most people will not pay for quality .

7 Likes

@Jtr

I agree. FYI - A while back, I heard some law enforcement and media types make the comment that a person having any more than 6 guns was considered to have ā€œa lot ofā€ guns. Ok, ok. You can stop laughing now. I didnā€™t know whether to laugh or cry when I heard/saw those comments.

And yes, I have actually known a few people that thought they only needed 1 gun (and it was just for protection).

Clearly, none of those people are what I would consider ā€œgun people.ā€ I am guessing that they donā€™t regularly visit this forum, either.

6 Likes

I am actually at the point of thinking about reducing my inventoryā€¦ i will always have more than one, but I not not need to have the ability to arm 25 people completely either.

5 Likes

Never know!

5 Likes

I have guns that belonged to my grandfathet and my father that I shoot still . When I do I bring back memorys of them so I feel they keep me connected to them .

6 Likes

Mine are going into a trust for the next generations. I expect my sons to do the same with theirs. They will reside in Wyoming on the trust land.

5 Likes

@RogueGunnWorks

Always good to consider your current and future needs. I still enjoy recoil therapy, for example, but someday, heavy recoil may become too much for me. Good luck with your inventory planning.

5 Likes

@Jtr

You mean guns arenā€™t just for killing people? LOL Stupid liberals.

I understand your feelings. Inherited guns are a good way to help preserve memories from one generation to the next.

5 Likes

Rifles are my thing. Big magnums are something I love. Someday I would like to join the 2 mile club, but I figured out a longtime ago that though they are fun, they are of limited use due to expense and recoil. I find the mini actions do most of what I want in a lighter packge. Range day, varminting, or hunting there is something that works well, with 2 exceptions. The first is hunting dangerous game and the second is longish distance hunting. In a shtf with gloves off on a two way range situation? You can add a third.

At home I do nightly patrols with a M4forgery. Occasionally we (me and Anka) run into humans up to no good, but mostly its critters.

On the road it is humans we are concerned about and I often wish that I had an AR of some type to keep us company.

The fact is I love all of them and each serves a purpose or perceived need. The bottom line is I want my grand and great great great grand children to grow up with firearms. For them to undestand their importace in preservation of the Republic and Liberty, they have to.

5 Likes

@Ridgewalker

So, what is keeping you and your family from having an AR?

I donā€™t have one, either, but arguably, for stupid reasons (not a money issue). I do agree, though, that they can serve a valuable purpose (like defending against group attacks).

Maybe we both have some rethinking to do?

4 Likes

My ex-wife grew up in a home with only one gun, and her father was the only one allowed to touch it (he didnā€™t hunt, and I never got the impression he went to the range for recreational purposes). She imposed a four gun limit on our household. She may have chosen the number based on the fact that I grew up in a home with four guns, but I donā€™t recall an explanation being given.

Edit: Thinking about it a little more, my first gun made it a five gun home, so I donā€™t see a connection between that and her rule, but I donā€™t doubt that my ex-wife could somehow see a connection.

6 Likes

We have several. We donā€™t travel with them. What we do travel with is pretty low key in our book. A revolver, a semiauto pistol, a shottie, and a PCC. We have ten round magazines for the few commie states we travel in or through.

On the road I sometimes think of what would happen if the SHTF when we were thousands of miles from home. That is where I think traveling with one or two would be really useful. You know to defend against the Demonrat Hordes.

Edit to add: BTW we have self-defense/varmint ARs, as well as hunting ARs that admittedly would also be useful if civil society did breakdown completely, which does seem to be the Demonratā€™s plan.

4 Likes

no questionsā€¦self explanatory

3 Likes

@Ridgewalker

Oh, ok, great. I misunderstood your prior comments. So, you have ARā€™s, you just donā€™t travel with them.

Yeah, I get that.

4 Likes

AR pistol with brace for a truck gun? Add a folding adapter if size is a concern. Just thinking out loud here.

4 Likes

I have a ā€œtravelā€ long gun, sword, and 2 pistolsā€¦ this may increase due to the fact that my significant other is now traveling with me nearly always.
I gwt home no matter what philosophy has my gear loadout always changing depending on where I am.
While I do travel through some commie states, it is only briefly. I carry what I wantā€¦ F them.
So the latest attack is on the first amendment , suppressing the rights of firearm dealers, manufacturers etc. the ability to advertiseā€¦
This has already been taking place of course.

5 Likes