just when you think it cannot get any worse

recently posted on my side of the fence
“And if you think running away to the States is a solution, they have their own problems.
Here’s another two-pronged attack by anti-liberty leftists; a combination tax grab plus back-door attempt at registry creation:”

Next on the Gun Grab Agenda: HR 1263 Adds Semiautomatic Rifles and Shotguns to the National Firearms Act of 1986
By Faye Higbee
March 7, 2019

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/next-on-t…s-act-of-1986/

If you wanted to know the next move of the Gun Control fanatics, look no further than HR 1263, introduced on February 14. Introduced by Democrat Rep. Theodore Deutch of Florida’s 22nd District, the bill would add ANY semi-automatic rifle or shotgun to the National Firearms Act of 1986. What does that mean? It means they would have to be registered or possessing them would be a Federal violation.

The Bill is titled the “National Firearms Amendments Act of 2019.”

Here is the Text of HR 1263 (emphasis mine):

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “National Firearms Amendments Act of 2019”.

SEC. 2. SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE WITH CAPACITY TO ACCEPT DETACHABLE MAGAZINE TREATED AS FIREARM UNDER NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT.

(a) In General.—Section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended—

(1) by striking “; and (8) a destructive device.” and inserting “; (8) a destructive device; and (9) a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device.”, and

(2) by adding at the end the following: “The term ‘detachable ammunition feeding device’ means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed from a firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. The term ‘ammunition feeding device’ means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, but does not include an attached tubular device which is only capable of operating with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. The term ‘semiautomatic rifle or shotgun’ means any repeating rifle or shotgun which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.”

(b) Applicability.—Any person who, on the date of the enactment of this Act, lawfully owns or possesses a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun (as defined in section 5845(a) of such Code, as amended by this Act) that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device (as defined in such section) shall, not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act, register the semiautomatic rifle or shotgun in accordance with section 5841 of such Code. Such registration shall become a part of the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record required to be maintained by such section. The prohibition on possession of an unregistered firearm under section 5861 of such Code shall not apply to possession of such a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that has the capacity to accept such a detachable ammunition feeding device on any date that is 120 days or less after the enactment of this Act.

© Authorization Of Appropriations.—There are authorized to be appropriated to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives such sums as are necessary to carry out this Act.

Translation: if you don’t register it before 120 days after enactment, you’re in trouble. You’re not in trouble if you register it prior to the 120 days. (The BATF is charged with enforcement.) The bill was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee, the chairman of which is Richard Neal, a Democrat who has been on the hunt to subpoena Trump’s tax records.

The bill creates a national registry, something which the NRA has stood against for decades. Whether you have any semiautomatic firearm, call your Congressional representatives and tell them to vote NO.

&
Found a succinct (for YouTube) video summary linked on the Ruger forum
https://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/370277-hr-1263-will-put-ruger-10-22-rifles-under-nfa-act.html

The beauty of it (for the leftist) is they will get you for non-compliance the same way they got Al Capone, with the tax law.
Can’t get gun bills passed? No problem, Congress loves their tax bills.

9 Likes

Thanks for the info!:+1:

7 Likes

Shit. I just lost everything in a boating accident. :thinking:

9 Likes

Me too! If only we had taken a boating safety course…

8 Likes

Me too, ( the boat thing )

7 Likes

You’re a terrible boat driver too?:joy:

6 Likes

Yep! :joy:

6 Likes

Maybe now that none of us own guns anymore, we’ll have more time to hone our navigation skills…

8 Likes

So we can better get to our bayou and backwater bug outs when the time comes.

7 Likes

How did gun control laws ever become part of the IRS tax code?

6 Likes

@g.willikers

They may or may not be yet, but look at how health care became part of the tax code (individual mandate/tax penalty for not complying) - that is probably how they will make it happen.

This very kind of crap is why I avoid semi auto long arms. However, I do miss them!

6 Likes

Do the math @ $200

5 Likes

I wasnt paying attention to the wake in front of me. Damn capsizing.

4 Likes

You poor bastard! I threw you a life preserver…

5 Likes

Thank you! But alas…my entire gun collection sank.

5 Likes

:sob:

5 Likes

I thought this was a nerf gun forum​:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

Not owning semi autos wouldn’t help.
The goal for the antis has always been to remove all guns from our society.
If they succeed with this attempt, they will just continue with their agenda.

2 Likes

@g.willikers

You are, of course, assuming that they will succeed in their overall pursuit of all guns privately owned. Personally, I look around the world and think they won’t make it that far. They are getting the bump stocks, and may get the semi auto long arms, maybe even semi auto handguns, but I seriously doubt that they will get all of our guns.

Since clearly they are after the high capacity, fast shooting guns (first), I figure I have both a greater chance they won’t make it to full confiscation, and a longer time till they even attempt that (if they even get that far).

Thus, I am convinced avoiding semi automatic long arms will help - both in time and likelihood of confiscation.

It’s just possible the antis have misread the situation entirely.
If so, they could be in for a completely different situation than the one they are expecting.
We’ll have to wait and see how far they will take things and the actual results.
Especially with all the gun owners in this country.
The antis might be expecting the kind of results in other lands.
This is still America, something they often ignore.
Just a thought.

4 Likes