Katana vs sabre for shtf

I’d rather have one of my assault shovels, after the kill I could bury them.

10 Likes

Old school on this too
US Calvary Saber.
Because it looks so bad ass and right on the side of the Heritage HD
:grinning:

10 Likes

You only need the first 7 minutes or so. But many sharp blades are this way, and not like the English broadsword. I think a sabre is made the same way. My Leathermen Wave I bought back in 2004 was made that way.

I have those Cutco knives. Yes, they are incredible.

7 Likes

Look the Germans made a Katana (jk)

This is a kreigmesser , its technically a sword. From what ive heard this was developed to get around non-nobles not being able to carry Swords. Similar to AR pistols compared to SBRs, its a loophole thing.

The most known master of the messer was a Catholic priest named Johannes Lükuchner. His name is mentioned in various texts for a few hundred years in Germany and from various master at arms from the Marxbruder guild master Peter Falkner to Renissance Burgher Joachim Meyer in the late 16th century.

( Johannes Lecküchner (or Hans Lebkommer; ca. 1430s – 1482) was a 15th century German cleric and fencing master. He was born in the Nuremberg area, and in 1455 he was inscribed at the University of Leipzig. In 1457, he received the title of baccalaureus , and he was consecrated as a Catholic acolyte in 1459. At some point before creating his first manuscript in 1478, Lecküchner was consecrated as a priest. From 1480 until his death on December 31, 1482, he was employed as a communal priest in Herzogenaurach, Germany.[1 )

6 Likes

I don’t like the idea of someone elses blood getting on me and I’m an old fart who can’t move very good and I don’t train with any sort of blade. Sharp edges being waved around scare me so I have no plans to use one no matter how long it is. Nor will I tolerate someone with one coming at me. If I run out of ammo before I’m killed, but that’s unlikely, then I’m screwed. Or I guess I could grab an entrenching tool or a machete, but again, no plans to do so. I’d be dead before that,

7 Likes

In California, it’s really hard to get permission to carry a gun concealed or open. However, I haven’t found a law against knives or swords, as long as they are sheathed, hung from the belt and not concealed.

For now, I’m carrying a Mora.

8 Likes

That said, I do get some funny looks.

8 Likes

No katana and a trench coat? If I ever decide to buy some plate armour I plan on wearing it around the mall with a poleaxe on my shoulder, nobody wants to fuck with a guy carrying a giant axe in full armour.

6 Likes

Da Jews be gangsta in my synagogue.

7 Likes

So youre like the Jewish version of the Amish mafia?

6 Likes

Be careful messing with our resident Jew, you don’t wanna wake up with a Colombian Circumcision!

8 Likes

@PastorMike and I think @mjrfd99 are jewish too, why does the new guy get the resident Jew title?

4 Likes

Is “Jew” an offensive word? It sounds pretty derogatory, my bad if it is. Lonewolf is so full of hate.

4 Likes

Only if you’re a complete asshole, otherwise, not at all

5 Likes

He’s offended then. :rofl:

6 Likes

Someone called me a resident Jew soon after I joined, so I adopted it as my title. Not to exclude anyone else, I’m happy to share it. It’s a title I bear proudly.

11 Likes

:grin: How much do you wanna know? :star:

8 Likes

11 Likes

This guy is pretty intense too

8 Likes

Only the good part.

Wife says there isn’t much of that though. :sunglasses:

7 Likes