Knife Life and The Sharp Obsession

I like knives. :wink:

Got a couple more not pictured and one got cut off on the last image. Oh, I also don’t discriminate between cheap, affordable and expensive or new vs old. I get what I like and could suit me. :cowboy_hat_face:

edit
Oh and that katana on the bottom is hand forged carbon steel that’s been sharpened like a razor. It will probably cut you in half.

If anyone wants to see one up close let me know.

edit 2
Had to fix a couple of the images removing the engraved family name off my katana.

8 Likes

So jealous right now of That Gerber!

1 Like

I see your boot knives and raise you two more!

Top is a Gerber Mark1. Bottom is a American Blades-27

7 Likes

Connecticut assault victim gets 18 months in jail for stabbing attacker

CT is starting to sound like a foreign country. Those kids are lucky that he chose to stab one in the leg and not in the chest.

2 Likes

Just got this in the mail today:

Made my day when I opened it up. Feels really good too, though I have no idea what the steel actually is yet. I sent them an email asking if the could supply that info, or if they could provide me the manufacturer so I could ask them that question myself.

4 Likes

It’s probably 440 stainless. I highly doubt it’s carbon or surgical steel. I hope I’m wrong.

Nuttin fancy, but there isn’t a day I don’t carry one.

BTW, the pink one belongs to my wife so no wise cracks from the peanut gallery please :blush:.

5 Likes

Wildlife

your wife is smart for carrying a blade nothing wrong with pink :+1:

6 Likes

Ok, does anyone know what the heck this is? I bought it along with a Civil War field desk in Ohio last night. Is it Spanish? I have no idea.

7 Likes

Could be Robert. I know it came from Florida and the previous owner thought it was old, claiming Spanish Colonial but with no provenance I got it for a steal. The faint file marks on the blade give a clue to its age. The file cuts are not equidistant, so that suggests a handmade file. I figured I would bounce it off you guys here. There’s always someone out there that knows more than me!

1 Like

No clue, but I love it. You know you always stumble across the most interesting stuff Brother.

3 Likes

ThisOldGun,
Great looking blade did it happen to come with a Scabbard or sheath?

1 Like

@SAK No unfortunately. Just as you see it.

1 Like

ThisOldGun, What’s the length of the blade.

SAK67, the blade is 15 1/2”, OAL is 21”. Very small handle. At least for my hands anyway. I got it bundled with a desk and other stuff. Couldn’t pass it up even if it’s not an honest piece because of everything else that came with it.

Edit: Here’s the lot the blade came with.

4 Likes

Who do you like for Karambit’s ?

Depends on whether it’s folding or fixed, single or double edged, for a chest rig or daily carry, budget or price no object, etc. The FOX brand of karambits are very popular. You might like:

2 Likes

Update from my previous post.
My first Kydex project:

I think it came out very well, thanks to a buddy of mine who guided me through the process.
Now my custom blade can go with me on my next coyote hunt.

6 Likes

Nice job. What kind of steel is that?

1 Like

It’s 1095 steel, it’s been treated with cold blue to keep it from rusting. And thank you!

1 Like