Largest Gun Show In The World

Have you ever been? If so, chime in below. If you have not, get it on your schedule, you will not regret it.

9 Likes

Any sign of ammo making a come back?

9 Likes

at the show, no, for the most part modern stuff was scalper prices, not selling, which was nice to see in a way but high get this, 9mm was $60 for 50 but at that show i paid $40 for 100 rounds of 44-40… in what world does that make sense? LOL 44-40 is usually $35 or so for 50. that said, picked up a couple of rifles and some other things. the show is so massive, you can almost always find something to buy there

11 Likes

That’s crazy, that show is on my bucket list. I have a hunting buddy in OK that goes every year, and every year he tries to get me to go, one of these days…

10 Likes

so just a little heads up, the April show seems to be more private collections where the November show is more dealers and manufacturers type thing. that said it is a HUGE show, so either way it is pretty much a guaranteed awesome experience. and if you can swing it, make a Friday-Sunday out of it and hit up the JM Davis Museum which is about 20 minues away on Friday. over 15k guns there, amazing collection, stuff you will not see anywhere else

11 Likes

overwhelm you when you walk in?

8 Likes

Been there a couple of times and yes when you look and you see about 11 acres of nothing but guns and patriot stuff it is kind of over whelming, in a very good way!

9 Likes

yeah it can i suppose, i didn’t much have that problem the first time but i will say it will TOTALLY ruin any other gun show you go to, those will never look the same again for sure

7 Likes

That’s how it feels when i go to a gun show here in GA compared to the show’s in FL

7 Likes

You are not wrong; the Orlando show has ruined the shows up here for me.

6 Likes

The West Palm Show was a good one too.

5 Likes

They have a lot of sows there, I lived in PB for a long time. Are you talking about the one at the auditorium? How ironic, the locals call it the leaky teepee. :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s the one.

5 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think they stopped doing it there when the Jehovah’s bought the place.

5 Likes

Wait it was at the Palm Beach Fair Grounds.

4 Likes

Yeah, that is a big ass show. Southern Blvd and 441, I had a farm I managed about a mile from there, you could hear the concerts from my porch.

4 Likes

I went to Tulsa a couple of years ago. HUGE doesn’t come close. If you were there the entire time it was open to the public and you hit every table you would have something like 15.3 seconds per table.

It is a different show than what I am used to. Some areas had a guy with about 7 tables at the end of an isle selling nothing but Winchester lever guns. There might be another one on the next isle selling the same thing. Then over a bit there might be a guy selling nothing but the small pump 22s(can’t remember the #). Then another just like it on the next isle. From what I saw, service wasn’t high on their agenda. I’d stand there looking at the merchandise and pick up a couple of things and the guy just sat in his chair like he was doing me a favor by letting me look at his stuff. Finally I said that I could go be invisible at someone else’s table and walked off. Never tried to sell me anything or even as what I was looking for. I had gone with a friend that had a table so I was there a day early and got to shop before the public came in. Only bought a little gear and a spare barrel for my 20 ga. I will go back. Next one on my list is Houston.

5 Likes

so my take is that there is a reason those guys are that way. remember, this show has been going on for like 65 year,a lot of these guys have had tables for decades and they have seen far more lookers than anything. couple that with the probability that those tables house their collection which they do not have to and are in a hurry to sell and well, you get that type of atttidue. i have made friends over the years with quite a few of the exhibitors who bring parts of their collection and actually spend more time walking around looking for things to trade or buy themselves then they do sitting at their own table (usuallly have a family member there). it is just a different vibe because it is different when someone doesn’t really have to sell you anything.

5 Likes

That’s what i was thinking but i have done the same thing when i wad actually going to purchase something and they ignored me.

4 Likes