Latest Aquisition That Isn’t a Gun? -Picture Thread-

Holy crap… with the brick wall in the background, I kept expecting Mario to jump on it. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Don’t know yet. I had a hang up (literally) when i loaded it for the first time. It got 3 rounds stuck inside and would neither load or feed. I’m sending it back for a replacement. :angry:

2 Likes

Good info. I was looking at that mag longingly… not so much now.

2 Likes

Well, it’s finally that time. I’m moving in a few weeks and I need to pack. A few helmets out of the collection found their way into a box.image

9 Likes

I could do that…image

3 Likes

Steyr M95 Carbine. Perfect for packing bullets.image

5 Likes

I honestly love that rifle and think that it is a perfect starter rifle for a teen!

4 Likes

Well I went to the local military antiques store. I got a patch from my Grandfather’s division in WWII (lucky find), some original Mitchell helmet covers, and another addition.

4 Likes

That’s really cool! I have my grandfathers somewhere. I need to find it. His was, if memory serves, the 29th Division.

2 Likes

Thank you! It was a one in a million I think. You keep that patch by the way. The movie ‘Saving Private Ryan’ really upped the collector value on 29th ID stuff.

2 Likes

Ha! Hadn’t realized that. It’s from 17 years as an ASE tech. …it was all about the PATCHES!

3 Likes

@Robert That’s great that you have that! At the Battle of the bulge too… much respect for your Grandfather. The greatest generation for sure.

Edit: My grandfather was in the 101st ID, the ‘Timberwolves’.

4 Likes

Well, I went to the thrift store to drop off some clothes and around back at the donation door I saw an H&K brand mag sitting on a table. Curious. I asked if there were any more and I was told “Yes. Someone dropped off gun stuff and I don’t know what to do with it. Do you want it all? I’ll just give it to you” Yes. Yes I do.

It ended up being 5 AR mags, 4 Beretta mags, 1 x 105mm HE shell, 1 x 40mm API shell, and the little green guy I haven’t identified yet. I think I got a good score. Edit: True story. Still in disbelief.

4 Likes

I did not know that about the depleted rounds! :grimacing:

I’m digging that mini mill! Milling rails?

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to some pics. I’ve never done an 80% lower.

Oh, mystery solved on the little green guy- 20mm Vulcan training round. DU free!

3 Likes

What a find! That 105er must have been a pain for whoever originally snagged it.

2 Likes

The parts kits I could do with that milling machine… dang.

3 Likes

Thanks @USMCMahon. I brought back two from Kuwait once. One is my Dad’s favorite ash can. It was a hassle- letter from EOD, Customs, etc. it’s cool when one falls into your lap!

3 Likes

I have to agree with @58marine on this one. I bought a smaller mill at first, but there is no replacing a tool room mill. The same can be said for the lathe.

The tooling does get expensive, but a good lightly used big machine is almost the same price as the new smaller ones.

6 Likes

I added another press to my reloading station. This makes three total, still want another one for .50 bmg.

5 Likes