Latest Aquisition That Isn’t a Gun? -Picture Thread-

Generally you can find them for 500-350 range. This one I got and the batteries had turned into powder, so no telling if it even works. I know a guy that was a mar-soc green berets. He told me when they where issued one of these it had no instructions. they couldn’t figure out how to use it. He said after a week they took off the day time shade lense and they all said oh!

5 Likes

I pick up old documents whenever I find them and I just came across this. A payment receipt for serving in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. I thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

11 Likes

So thats not yours? you didnt serve in the continental army? …jk… that is pretty neat, good condition too.

4 Likes

I’m not that old yet! That gentlemen is one of the original American veterans though, which I think is incredible. By the way, does everyone know that some Revolutionary War vets survived into the age of photography?

5 Likes

@ThisOldGun

this is pretty old.

6 Likes

@SAK That’s really cool! Has that been passed down through your family?

2 Likes

@ThisOldGun,
Yes…

2 Likes

@SAK That is truly cool. I love seeing people taking care of items like that. Unfortunately some people like to sell off their family history when they realize it has value.

2 Likes

If I read it right, the note is from 1864.

$500 was a lot of money back then. Any idea what the note is worth today?

1 Like

I forgot to show the reticle! My bad guys.

5 Likes

Very cool addition @switchpod . I’m a bit jealous.

2 Likes

“Even better, you got them when your 40”

3 Likes

Well I just got back from a Civil War relics show. Of all the things there this caught my eye. Yes, it’s Iraqi. I don’t know why the vendor had it but it went home with me.

4 Likes

Nice addition to your collection!

3 Likes

Thank you Sir! (To hit 20)

2 Likes

Picked up some “Rail Scales” for an upcoming project.

5 Likes

Just got new software for the studio, videostudio 2018 ultimate.

Dan
Full30 channel: https://www.full30.com/channels/tacticalreviews

8 Likes

Makin some bacon are you?

3 Likes

Was working on my Full30 video into. So much to learn

3 Likes

Took my new ride for a spin today, around the yard and driveway.

12 Likes