Lee Automatic bench primer

I use the above mentioned primer and I am not at all satisfied with it’s performance. I just finished loading a hundred 9mm. I had 3 jams out of the 100. One I had to take the entire thing apart to undo. Anyone else using the product with better results, or do I shop for a better one? If this is common please recommend a good one to me. This is frustrating.

9 Likes

I use the rcbs version of this with no problems.

9 Likes

Is this the one you use?

10 Likes

That’s it . I use it on pistol and rifle reloads.

8 Likes

I have a Lee Auto Bench Priming Tool and haven’t had any problems with it. I use CCI standard primers (rifle & pistol).

As I recall I did have to do a little “smoothing” of some plastic flashing of one of the tray ramps with an X-Acto knife. But that might have been for a Lee Auto Hand Prime. They use the same trays and I have both.

8 Likes

I have a Lee Pro 1000 progressive press that I load 45acp on. The primer feeding is the only thing that doesn’t work well. I have to take a toothpick and make sure the primers advance. Not a big deal but. Pain in the butt at times.

6 Likes

I had one of those and had the same problem . It was so frustrating that I let someone else deal with it . Not only did you have to help the primers feed they would flip over and get seated backwards.

6 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I knew some of the ijuts here would be able to shed some light, however dim, on the subject at hand. I might try it again with the large primers to see if it works better with them. It has been a while since loaded any .44 and I don’t remember how that went. My rememberer isn’t that sharp any more. I’ll be in the market for another if I can find one in stock anywhere.

7 Likes

Will the Lee shell holders fit the RCBS?

7 Likes

Lee priming systems suck all around. I have 5 lee presses and all suck at priming. I don’t have there bench primer though.

7 Likes

The Lee set I got all fit in my RCBS press

6 Likes

How about in the primer? They are different from the press shell holders.

7 Likes

Lee hand primer shell holders are proprietary. All the other single stage shell holders should fit presses of a different brand.

6 Likes

So they differ from press shell holders?

6 Likes

Yes they will not fit a press. They are different

6 Likes

So I am to believe that the Lee shell holders for the primers will NOT fit the RCBS primer or other brands other than the Lee?

7 Likes

RCBS hand primers uses standard shell holders. The lee hand primer uses proprietary shell holders

6 Likes

I don’t like the tubes that have to be loaded for the one pictured above. I do like the other hand held models. I also like the Lyman. I’ll do a little more research to decide which one I want. Thanks for the help.

6 Likes

I didn’t like the tubes either then i got a Dillon 650 and decided the tubes aren’t so bad.

7 Likes

Just an idea, but that Lee that I have has the tray at a very steep angle. I’m going to try to mount it on a wedge so that the tray is a lot flatter. That might stop the primers from getting cockeyed in there. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

6 Likes