Let’s keep posting a new 1911 project

I have been away for a while and our home is suffering a bit let’s all post just a bit more
It’s winter where I live right now and I’ve been building

9 Likes

I have been housesmithing. Nothing exciting to post.

6 Likes

Not so quick…

The gunsmithing section now has a solution option, if it go’s well it can be expanded to other sections

the idea is when a person asks for help and people post replys that one of those replys
can be selected as a solution and you guessed

the person with the solution gets

No, better, (no taxes due)

a shiny new badge!

4 Likes

Housesmithing… one area, for example.

Trying to be smart here - installed blocking to make it easier to hang up kitchen cabinets and range hood later.

8 Likes

^ Very nice work mate. Keep us posted…as much as you feel like.

5 Likes

The idea for this area is (chandelier lights are just temp models)…

And I scetched it up before I widened the doorway, so the end product will not have that side wall sticking out like that.

Gray boxes are appliances

5 Likes

Next project… rebuild stairs. Going with open stringer. May need to do winder on the landing.

8 Likes

Igor my friend you are a man of many talents

4 Likes

Well I started a new project as well being that it’s cold as hell here

Steel frame govt model
Frame rails cut and and sanded and draw filed for slide to frame fit

6 Likes

started to hand checker from strap 25lpi

Slide to frame fit completed and is a very tight fit

4 Likes

Started to fit some parts and clean up some of the holes

As you can see there will be quite a bit of blending on the tang for the grip saftey

4 Likes

Also fit the slide stop to the frame and filed for clearance

Also set up to make sure the barrel link and slide stop were in the correct positions

5 Likes

installéd thé 2 peice guide rod and also installed recoil spring and fit the barrel bushing
I used a commander spring to check slide function and barrell lock up

5 Likes

Had to remove just a minuscule amount of metal on the barrel hood to make lock up a much better fit

5 Likes

Moving right along here we are fitting the mag release
I’ve done this both ways I.e fitting the frame to the part
Or fitting the part to the frame
I choose the first method on this build

5 Likes

The house is really coming along good . Also like the 1911 build, missed what cal. Question, has anyone checkered a frame at a 60 degree angle. I would like to try it, cold here also and this old man needs something to do.

4 Likes

It’s a 9mm Clark/para barrel

Not sure what you mean by 60 degree on checkering
Occasionally I’ll use a 60 degree deepening file to go line by line to deepen them
But @Mosinvirus did a experiment just using a checkering file and it’s much cleaner and goes just as deep
So I don’t generally use the deepening file as much anymore

4 Likes

Perhaps @2lazylh means to do diamonds rather than pyramids. I always wanted to try as well. Maybe I will. The difficult area will be under the trigger guard. I will definitely try when I have time. I know how I would do it, just need to get another 80% frame and give it a go.

3 Likes

@Mosinvirus i was thinking that as well
That would be difficult at first
Once you get the right jig set up and the first couple stoke if the file your off to the races
I can never repay you for all that you have to taught me

4 Likes

Right, diamonds, I had a brain fart couldn’t put it in words. This is my checkering jig and was thinking of using a 20 lpi file. Also like to make this frame ramped like MosinVirus did in his build # 4. Any tips - comments always appreciated .

4 Likes