Let's Educate All Those New Firearm Owners

With lots of new firearm owners jumping on board, let’s not forget to take every opportunity to talk about safety and responsible firearm ownership.

10 Likes

I strongly approve of this message.

6 Likes

I did try and watch but can’t stream right now :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Good video for the new firearm owners out there Chris. Keep up the good work!

10 Likes

Great topic. It will be much better if people know how to treat their new firearms. And that is with the respect they deserve.

10 Likes

I don’t try anymore, been at the range way too many times when someone shows up, sometimes in a group with a gun or two still in the box and they fumble around with the gun and ammo looking lost, everytime I have offered assistance it has been met with funny looks and no thank you I am fine, from that point on I just keep an eye out that they don’t point it towards me which they would not like what I had to say, I have very strongly over the years yelled at people who were flagging me and others, a few packed up and left after hearing my, WTF are you doing rant.

7 Likes

I’ve heard some RO’s rip new shooters for the same, full on profanity lashings in front of the squads, its a serious matter and demands serious attention

6 Likes

We go to a private range. Public ones have all kinds of fools at them.
One day we are at the range, on a weekend (dont do that any more).
Dude is siting there with his ole lady 2 feet in front on the chamber of his new rifles.
He had two 308s, one semi-auto (really nice HK) and a R5 bolt guns.
They had just come from the gun store. Im listening to him just pound away with the bolt gun.
Then he switches to the semi, and BAM BAM, it jammed and he is trying to free the bolt with a double feed. The dude was determined to fire more. I ran over there, and with my drill Sargent voice I told them the firearm was jammed due to a double feed.

After inspecting his ammo, the gun store sold them the correct ammo, they just did not bother to tell him which ammo went in which firearm. The 2900fps 180gr 308 ammo he fired thru his brand new semi gun was more than it could handle.

He asked me If I could repair it. I said yes I can, and showed him the ruptured case removal tool in the gun box.
Then I told he I would not. He can take it back to Cabella’s and have them remove the round and have the piece returned to the factory for chamber inspection.

Now with the influx of new clueless gun owners, without training, someone is going to get hurt.

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

It makes children cry, and dogs run away, so I use it responsibility

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:salute:

4 Likes

“WHAT THE F&$K IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION PRIVATE PYLE!?”

:grin:

6 Likes

Don’t waste your time. I do everything I can to convince them to do this:

giphy (5)

2-3 minutes later they leave happy and I continue what I was doing in peace.

6 Likes

I kid, I kid. :smile:

I actually don’t shoot at public ranges much any more so don’t encounter many new shooters.

6 Likes

i know people took this down a new gun owner at the range road but my overall point was talking to new gun owners in general, many can’t go to ranges right now anyway

8 Likes

I’m filming my “What New Gun Owners Need To Know” video tomorrow. (Stupid work, always getting in the way of important stuff!)

7 Likes

nice

3 Likes

Maybe a new person area for questions?
Geared for them, easy to find, not buried in the forums

5 Likes