Lets see your favorite Deer Rifles

Lets see some of your favorite Deer rifles!

These are my 2 go to rifles. I really enjoy hunting with a nice walnut stocked rifle but in any weather day in day out one of these is going to get the call.Both Browning X Bolts in McMillian Game Scout stocks both have Zeiss V4 scopes top is a 6.5 Creedmoor bottom is chambered in 7-08. I am a huge 7-08 fan I picked up the Creedmoor due to a good price and factory rebate.

List of Threads to Share Pictures On

My 6.5 Creedmoor.

Absolutely love this rifle.

Just refinished my 23 year old deer 12 guage Remington 870 Express Magnum w/ 22" rifled barrel shotgun. Killed many of deer with it.

5 rounds just the other day - 8/23. Round #2 will be later on to get it further dialed in @100 yards. Shoulder was getting a little worn out on me.

I’ve killed plenty of deer w/ my 1974 Marlin 336 30-30 as well.

Wife shooting it @300 yards.

Varmint/Predator Rifle

Nice looking rig Brian. This is my other 6.5 Creedmoor.

Wildlife I killed many deer with an 870 Remington or Mossberg 500 and a rifled barrel.I hear ya on the shoulder getting a little tired. Love the Marin levers have a 45-70 and one of the Limited Edition Cowboys in 45 LC is on my list.

Wildlife how do you like that At One stock?

I like it quite a bit, thank you!

I did a fairly detailed write up on upgrading the rifle from a synthetic stock to the At One. You more than welcome to check it out in the following links.

Which bolt action rifle is good for beginner long range shooter?

Very good write up Wildlife :+1:

I’m in a “rifle poor” region that just opened up to rifles last year - so I have a Savage M11 in .260 Rem all revved up and ready to go this fall.

Nikon ProStaff 3-9X 40mm. Pretty uninteresting except for the Tenebraex anti-reflection occular insert. And the Harris 1A bipod is probably older than 75% of the members here. (1976ish).

Prior to this I have only used a centerfire rifle twice for deer. A M39 Finnish Mosin-Nagant with Sako arsenal barrel (and the stock military sights). Years back the county next door where I had hunted opened a rifle season. Two deer in two days . . . both under 15 yards. Go figure.

Now here is “almost” a rifle. Hastings full rifled barrel on a 12 ga 11-87 Premier shooting Hornady 300 gr SST slugs (saboted FTX bullets). Best target was 5 in 1-1/4" at 100 yards with a 4X Weaver. Beastly heavy, though.

Hits hard and leaves a mark.

I have to tip my hat to that .260 they are very accurate and under appreciated today.

And I can’t imagine a more ideal whitetail deer cartridge. With a 1:8" twist and IMR 4451 or H4350 powders and the Hornady 143 gr ELD-X or other VLD bullets available it is a killer from muzzle to any practical distance on 200 to 250 lb deer.

But then a 7mm-08 or .308 WIN (or .300 Savage) is perfect as well. :wink:

All true. finding new 303 savage is a pain in my area. Making it is far easier.
Good thing that 300 savage is fruitful!

Browning A Bolt II laminated thumbhole stock ,

270wsm, 26" barrel, Leupold 6.5-20x56mm XV-L varmint reticle scope w/aluminum scope covers

Winchester 30-30 purchased used in 1964. Built in 1953.

Added an upgrade to my Savage M11 .260 Rem.

Dropped the action into a Boyd’s Light-weight thumbhole stock. Originally it had the synthetic stock (and light shorter weight barrel) and tended to walk left as the barrel heated up. I now get three shots before that happens. Best so far (with the 143 gr ELD-X) was three in 0.31" c.t.c @ 100 yards. But five shots groups ALWAYS break 1 MOA. So over the winter I will install aluminum pillars and glass bed the action. Way more than good enough for my needs, but better is always . . . better.

I also got some of the new Sierra 130 gr Tipped GameKing Gamechangers and they may be the cat’s ass for whitetail in this cartridge if I can find a good load. I’m in quiet running mode now as my range is in the woods where I hunt. And it’s bow season. Shhhhhhh.

Beautiful upgrade!