List of firearms instructors opposed to constitutional carry in Texas

10 Likes

looks like a list of Zombies…

10 Likes

Closet case commiez

11 Likes

all about money, hopefully they go broke when no one wants to pay those clowns…

13 Likes

So, not following this either, do we have people earning a living from licences opposing carrying without a licence?

I don’t have polite words for those people if so

13 Likes

I think that’s what it is. They want money for permit classes so they oppose constitutional carry. Its pretty fucked

13 Likes

all for the 2nd as long as they get paid, otherwise F you.

14 Likes

:point_up:

11 Likes

I think their motive has already been figured out. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to see it.

12 Likes

When we got constitutional carry here in Missouri alot of concealed carry instructor s saw a huge drop in classes and went out of business. But the ones that stuck it out are starting to see people come back now.

9 Likes

If LTC offers no benefit, there would be no reason for taking a class. If those instructors also offered good, reasonably priced firearms training, they could still have a business.

12 Likes

In Missouri you have to be careful if you don’t have a concealed carry permit . If you carry somewhere that is posted against it and get caught with a permit all they can do is ask you to leave Without the permit you can be charged with a felony . There are other benefits to having the permit but that is the main one .

9 Likes

LTC does offer some advantages for you then. It may not be enough for many people to want to take the class, or they likely don’t understand the advantage.

9 Likes

What a bunch of scumbags. Of course their motivation is transparent.

9 Likes

I don’t mention this around anymore and you’ll figure out why. I’m an NRA certified instructor and when Maine achieved Constitutional Carry I applauded it. I knew that it was going to more or less mean that I’d have no one to train, but for me it never was about an income since I never made any $ out of it. I trained folks to get them trained, and I did it one on one. Why? Because folks have a right to self defense and to do it safely. Sure I got paid, but it never came close to properly compensating me for my time since I tutored my students. What I got out of it was knowing that the folks who got my certificate actually were firearm safe and fully competent.

Maybe those anti-freedom folks have reasons for needing the income derived from training. That just means they need to up their game and give the public something of value to make them sign on. I didn’t want to go there at the time and still don’t. I also couldn’t be happier that Maine has Constitutional carry.

13 Likes

Awesome, to be supportive of the cause to your own detriment, is proof of commitment to a cause. That is very John Adams of you.

10 Likes

:thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :hugs:

I can work with that :grin:

Now the saying “I was just doing my job” makes more sense,

7 Likes

I never took a self defense class until after i was already carrying. I realized i needed more info not just range time. That info shouldn’t be a barrier to being able to carry though.

10 Likes

That’s generally an advanced class everywhere I’ve heard of it being done, or at least it would have been for my classes. But I suspect that’s changing. It’s also beyond the expertise of all trainers that I know and requires a lawyer to discuss it. The way I trained people, one on one, no one would have wanted to pay the lawyer and I don’t know one that would volunteer time. Yeah, that sux. It’s also why my handgun stays in it’s holster unless myself or loved ones are in deadly danger.

In general, my ROE that I write here but never told any student… (I was never asked and it wasn’t part of the curriculum.)

Don’t walk around in la-la land.
Disengage if possible.
Only remove the handgun if you intend to use it, and then only for loved ones.
Once in use be ruthless and only stop shooting once the threat has stopped.
Watch out for accomplices.
Be ready to make the gun safe and get arrested by the LEOs. In their eyes, until they investigate and possibly long after, you’ll be a murder suspect unless they were there to see.
Get ready for the huge expense of legal fees. That’s why deadly force is only used for loved ones. Everyone else is on their own.

9 Likes

That’s the coarse i took. It was 2 hours this :arrow_double_up: and 2 hours range. It was not done by a lawyer and he was clear that it wasn’t legal advice but merely things that need to be thought about if you are carrying. As for the legal fees i joined USCCA not as an excuse to act but as a final buffer if all else fails and i am forced to act

12 Likes