List of firearms instructors opposed to constitutional carry in Texas

John Crump did some investigation on this and found that some instructors did and some didn’t actually sign on to the letter. Some didn’t realize what the agenda was, or that it was from an anti-gun org. There were even some who never even responded, but their names got added to the list of “signatures” anyway.

11 Likes

Great job @JohnCrump !!

Do you have a support/donate link to post?

9 Likes

Bloomberg did the same thing with his mayors and police chiefs against gun violence letter a few years ago. There appears to be no limit to the left’s derangement or how far they will go to disarm us.

10 Likes

were they fake or are they backing up ? the old muddy water is flowing…

7 Likes

We’ll know if there are lawsuits. Well, I would sue them if they used my name w/o permission. ESPECIALLY if it was going to hurt my livelihood.

8 Likes

@ArmedEyeDoc

Rocket …scientist ?

8 Likes

Nice , always good to see the truth get brought out. I know the media has tricked a few of the bigger names too such as Daniel Defense and Pat McNamara and tried exposing them as being in support of gun control. The marxists are clever sometimes you can’t reason with them or let your guard down for a second

8 Likes

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm=Rocket%2BSurgeon&amp=true

6 Likes

Here’s @JohnCrump’s interview with one of the instructors who signaled opposition to Constitutional Carry.

It sounds like instructor Garonzik is unaware of just how quickly the landscape of gun rights has been changing. He is unaware of which precise organizations oppose guns, and he doesn’t know about GoA or FPC, just the NRA. I think he genuinely believes that licensing is about public safety. But even more than that I think he feels that removing the licensing requirement is an insult to the essentialness of his occupation and his worth as a trainer, much like how during the lockdown certain workers and businesses were deemed “nonessential.” He cannot believe that people would continue getting firearms training regardless, or that safety would be maintained under Constitutional Carry, despite FBI and Crime Research Center statistics to the contrary.

Other than that, Garonzik didn’t know that Texas Gun Sense was associated with gun control groups. He generally trusts the government prohibitions on bump stocks and similar things.

In my opinion, Garonzik is an old-school Republican, who trusts government based on impressions of how they used to act half a century ago, and he doesn’t know how duplicitous today’s gun grabbers can be. He’s a frog who has been slowly boiled into a fudd.

6 Likes

sounds like an idiot to me, there is nothing I would ever need or want from him, he wants paid regardless of Rights…sounds like a demoRat to me, bet money he voted for obama and biden.

6 Likes

That could be. I’m a youngun, so I have no memories of what things really were like back then. In the lens of today’s wedge issues, it was harder to tell Democrats and Republicans apart.

My impression is that Republicans and Democrats used to be more similar to each other and believed in the art of compromise. They even showed some foresight and could hold back on fulfilling their immediate wants for the sake of principles like justice and civility. Like trying to preserve non-partisanship of appointed positions. That’s kind of out the window now.

8 Likes

The fact remains, though, that Republicans two generations ago didn’t pass Constitutional Carry. They were willing to abide by machine gun bans and the NFA, in the hope that things would stop there. I think the Republican party has become less authoritarian and more libertarian in the realm of gun rights.

7 Likes

Sort of but last I heard Libertarians were not big on red flag laws or bump stock bans, Republicans seem to jump on that band wagon when trying to compromise our rights away.

8 Likes

Yeah. I think those are holdovers from the older generation, who are still used to believing that the other side will give respect in return for respect.

Edit: Actually, I shouldn’t blame “the older generation” too much. It’s a natural human assumption that emotions are reflected back. I should say, these politicians aren’t used to dealing with extremists.

9 Likes

Then he also thinks Texans are dumber or more scumbagish than other states. It has worked everywhere it’s been tried. Unless HE’S a moron he knows this. It would be all over the evening news if it didn’t work. But instead crickets from the folks who push gun hatred after a state goes Constitutional carry. I think he just sold out for $.

7 Likes

Yep, he is seeing those dollar signs going out the window, he must have nothing else to offer.

7 Likes

@ArmedEyeDoc

Thanks for the education! Here is what I found:

Rocket Surgeon

Someone with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of “rocket scientist” and “brain surgeon”, this phrase describes a person that is neither. The subject also frequently has an overinflated sense of self worth, flaunting his acheivments and trying to insult other people’s intelligence whenever he or she feels dumb.

The phrase also implies that the person is dumb enough to try cutting open a rocket, or perform some other action that would get them “Darwined”.

The phrase is best used in the presence of said person, especially when you know it will take them several seconds to realize they’ve just been zinged. This is often heard amongst tech-support agents.

I just got off the phone with some Rocket Surgeon who was cussing me out because he couldn’t figure out how to open the battery door on his camera, and kept telling me all about his MCSE and his PhD.

by DirkusMaximus May 10, 2007

6 Likes

I thought the Cancel Culture was only coming from the leftists. Am I the only one that feels people should be able to voice their opinion without people saying thinks like “hopefully they go broke”. Yes the Cancel Culture surely does drive people out of good paying jobs. If you believe differently from me you should be unemployed.
I strongly support the 2nd amendment but I also support the 1st.

7 Likes

When those people want to restrict our rights in the name of greed I view them as no better than the Marxists. I am expressing my 1a rights when I say fuck them and all their supporters.

10 Likes

Good to see you back here. Check out the April contest share a story for the chance to win a Full30 giftcard that you can get some cool swag with. April Contest Tell Us the Story of Your Favorite Firearm

8 Likes