Ll

So, one would assume with the usage rates you see here of both of us that we are pretty light with data usage–I’m the on one the top. This includes the fact that I do a TON of surfing and uploading pictures to texts on my phone since my main computer is down and I hate using the chromebook.

So, on Straight Talk, this is the plan for 2 lines that we’d have to get…

On Visible we’d have to have two separate of these plans since they don’t have a multi-line plan that I can find.

I suppose I’m leaning towards the Visible route because of it not being Walmart and saving $10 per month. The Unlimited Hot Spot for Visible is VERY intriguing because of me working remote. It would completely eliminate the need for me to have satellite internet (saving a ton of $$$) as we could tether the work computer to say my phone and then tether the home computer for the business to my wife’s phone. Hmmmm…

4 Likes

We have us cellular and have good coverage everywhere but at our house. I have been all over the country and had good coverage but no I have to stand in the right spot in the house to talk on the phone. Verizon has towers all over the place here and people are switching to us cellular here in our area because of poor service. Someone said it before but here it is again they all suck. For what they charge you should be able to stand on the moon and get service.

5 Likes

Friend, that’s based on perception

are you smart enough to figure shit out on your own or need a phone to do it for you?

A guy delivered a truck for me a few days ago, calls me, says there’s no house at the address you gave me

LMAO , yep, dumbing down of America full speed ahead

now, to be fair, he was as rural as me, when I went to check the truck out two days before, our power was out when I left and only had a recollection of the address and area from a quick look at a map the day before, but why sit around with no power, I drove an hour and found an area with no street signs, I stopped one vehicle, chatted for directions, then pulled in to talk to another guy in his yard for the same

I actually interacted with people, it was raining, cold and I was wet, but it was an experience, I asked one guy about a truck in his yard, potential purchase

smart phone… smart to isolate/insulate from people or find a location without GPS…perception.

4 Likes

This used to be the norm. I miss those days… I try to do it but most of the time people seem closed off. Perhaps I look intimidating? I dunno, I think it’s more to do with what sorts of people live here in Texas now.

3 Likes

This is all too complicated for me. I have a flip phone with a rotary dial.

5 Likes

Take very good care of that phone.

I had an accident and cracked the screen on my flip phone badly enough that I could only see a fragment here and there of what was supposed to be on it. So off to the store to buy a new flip phone… I was starting to get worried, until I found the one flip phone that the store still had in stock. Bought it, put it on the charger, and started reading the manual…

It’s a smart phone disguised as a flip phone.

Worst of both worlds - complexity of a smart phone, without the larger touch screen.

4 Likes

Have you checked out Net10? Have both my wife and I for about $60 a month. My data plan is $45 a month.

3 Likes

yeah, thought that was coming,

just as bad, my wife couldn’t renew hers a year or so back, (add minutes) something about a network change, sounded like a BS ploy to upgrade

3 Likes

I’ve never heard that name, ill check out, thanks

2 Likes

Lol at all the Gucci phones and contracts… I use a $100 straight talk phone. You damn tech hipsters

4 Likes