LMT MWS out performed both the SCAR H and HK 417 in military combat trails (for Britain)

And…
HK417 did not pass German Army DMR tests.

:rofl: :rofl:

Old article but I didnt know this had happened. Plus, I kind of like seeing HK fail. #IamAhater

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/10/27/hk417-did-not-pass-german-army-dmr-tests/

This was good too , A DI gun "out performing piston platforms.

Turns out the Brits chose the LMT MWS over the Scar H or HK417, supposedly it out performed the piston platforms in both accuracy and reliability.

4 Likes

I’m not surprised. LMT is an amazing producer of the AR-15 rifle.

I have not liked the 416 at all, in my opinion it’s to proprietary for its role. The Sig 516/716 would have been a better choice in my opinion.

As far as FN it appears that their SCAR line rifles quality is slipping a bit now days.

3 Likes

How is the Sig 716 less propriatary than the HK?
I think the Bren 2 in 308 is going to be king battle rifle when they get into circulation. It would be pretty funny to see it coined as the modern day FAL.

3 Likes

Pretty impressive.

3 Likes

Good question. Look at this picture.

Do you see the large milled out section in the bolt carrier? There is a corresponding lug of metal on the upper or barrel- I can’t remember at the moment.
I’m in no way saying the Sig is ideal, but the option is there to modify a stock gas key and get the weapon working. Again not ideal.

Remember the main guy that designed the 416 for HK, went to Sig and developed the 516/716 with the upgrades the HK would not let him do. Now the guy works for caracal.

3 Likes

Did not know this, pretty cool though. :+1:

3 Likes

I agree, but let’s face it most people are scared of “ new rifle designs”.
In reality it’s an AR-160 done right for all intents and purposes.

Having said that I do like the BREN. The FN SCAR is ok I just wish they build it better the the barrel to the extension area.

2 Likes

The charging handle is retarded too.

2 Likes

The Bren seems more like A Scar clone with all the mistakes fixed.

3 Likes

Ive heard people say the SCAR is more modular than the AR platform, what exactly are they referring to? I consider the AR pretty modular.

3 Likes

The rails and the fact you can pop the rear stock off and change it in the field. There are some other aspects… but the SCAR is still over priced for what you are buying.

2 Likes

What do the rails do? The stock really is more of a drawback, they have had alot of recalls from them breaking. Supposedly it shears the pin or just loosens up and rattles worse then a cheap AK. Folding and modularity is cool but it sounds like they didnt really think that through too much.

1 Like

Modularity is based off many factors of course. If you can bolt on a lot of crap onto the factory rails… it makes it “modular”

4 Likes

Think i’ll start a thread on the stupidist crap you ever seen on a rail.

3 Likes

True lol , seems to be the Fad. The SCAR is a cool rifle too.

4 Likes

Oh my God… YES!
I have seen some crazy cheap ass crap on rails… like a really nice rifle with a fake laser aimer from China for $49.95

2 Likes

Ok, i’m startin a thread now.lol

1 Like