Long gun picture thread 2.0

Needs to be REAL 10mm power though. I’m learning the hard way that these factory loads from about all mfg’s are pussy loads that 9mm +P+ and .40 SW can pretty much match. Really it’s BB, DT or handloads or bust.

3 Likes

Also remember this rule Which you are now on notice as to be violating @Chuparosa

5 Likes

Nope. Haha. I do not do social media. The G20 is only a mule for my 9x25 Dillon obsession. :wink:

4 Likes

@Chuparosa, check out Underwood they also have several nice 10 mm loads to choose from :grin:

4 Likes

Oh yea, I forgot about those guys.

2 Likes

Hmm… :thinking:

:laughing:

4 Likes

ironic since I had a few go after me since I claime my daily carry as a 380 and not a 1911

1 Like

ok so this is the prettiest rifle I have. Also the most accurate rifle I have. Setting there with its little sister. The rifle is a TC prohunter in 270. I have a 243 barrel . And the pistol AKA little sister is also a TC prohunter in 7mm-08.

15 Likes

Beautiful guns!!!

4 Likes

Very nice- TC rock!

3 Likes

Underwood is the only ammo I daily carry now… I love the cartridge so much, I became a dealer.
Their 10mm loads are badass. LOVE THEM…
I have all my pistols packed with Underwood.
Even my rifles…

7 Likes

I’m a big Hornady Critical Defense XTP fan for SD but I could be persuaded to switch if Underwood was comparable in both performance and price. I like practicing / shooting my defensive ammo at the range.

1 Like

I carry Underwood 155 & 165 gr Bonded HPs. These expand to an inch or more in Ballistic gel and the energy dump is just crazy.

5 Likes

Underwood offers the Hornady projectiles as an option. I prefer the bonded core and the solid copper rounds myself. Good stuff at a good price!

4 Likes

Oh yeah… love the bonded core!

1 Like

Hmm I’ll look in to those then. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah my go to rounds are Underwood “Gold Dots” for social/ urban settings and an old load by a defunct ammunition maker Swampfox for backwoods. Swampfox’s 200gr XTPs clock 1325 FPS from a standard 4.6” barrel and over 1400 FPS from my 6.6”. That’s ALMOST 900 FPE from my G40.

The SF load is like gold to me though cause I only have a few boxes left from the two cases I bought before the owner passed away.

3 Likes

:muscle: Hell yea. That’s what I’m talkin about. Similar numbers from some of the 9x25 Dillon loads I’ll be testing. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yep… they are awesome

3 Likes

The Dillon is awesome just too bad almost no bullets are built to withstand those velocities.

1 Like