Long gun picture thread 2.0

Great little rifle @SAK

4 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade :+1:

4 Likes

Nice, killed my first deer with one years ago. they are well made and good shooters. wish I still had it.

6 Likes

My first deer kill was with a 30-30 as well :grin:

5 Likes

I took my first buck with a 12 gauge shotgun, about knocked me on my ass :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I bet a lot of people’s first deer were killed with the old 30-30👍

5 Likes

Yeah but when? I’m so old I think the 30 30 was a new cartridge then.:rofl:

7 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

I remember my first encounter with a muzzleloader, The TC renegade was a butt kickin smokepole. the book said you could shoot 120 grains in it, well being the more power Tim Allen I said yeah, that’s for me. I also was using the nearly 500 grain maxi ball. My first shot I sat down and propped it on my knee. it rolled me over on my back. I thought good lord, this ain’t gonna be fun.

Went back to the shop I bought it from and the guys there laughed at me. I went to school with them and knew them well. one said you dumbass, load about 90 in it and call it done. It still kicked hard with 90 and that huge maxi ball. I soon purchased a Hawken. it was much easier on the shoulder.

5 Likes

@Belt-Fed, Great story :rofl::rofl: got your attention real good didn’t it :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I was glad when the sabot and pistol bullets came out. those maxi balls were murder on the shoulder. but when you hit a deer with one, it rolled him up like a cinnamon roll. I hit a six point one morning with a 54 caliber and it knocked him against a tree. it made a thud when he hit it. fell right there.

5 Likes

Nice rifle @SAK!

Dunno why so many people hate the 30-30, it’s a good cartridge. A video for your consumption.

10 Likes

@Belt-Fed, rolled him up like a cinnamon roll, I like that that’s funny, even in 20 gauge these got a real good pop :grin: Double .54 caliber round ball, Home Defense/Deer load :rofl:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of one of those, would ruin your whole day.

6 Likes

Hate the .30-30 :thinking: WTF must have screw loose somewhere :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

You know me, I’m a HUGE 20ga fan. It’s the perfect home defense shotgun gauge in my opinion. Lighter easier recoil for lighterweight smaller people and still packs a very large punch. With some Winchester Super-X slugs it’s the bee’s knees.

8 Likes

I imagine it’s like the 9mm vs .45 ACP and 1911 vs Glock debates. Endless childlike bickering that leads to division.

6 Likes

@Mister_Torgue, 20 gauge will get it done for sure Woods/Home👍
Any interest in the new Rem 870 Tac-14 :thinking:
I’ve got one of my 20s loaded up with these

9 Likes

Those Remy’s are pretty sweet but I like to shoulder my shotguns.

I inherited all three of my 20ga shotguns that also came with all sorts of shells—which included the Super-X. I’d love to try those Defenders out! Too bad all I have is paper targets on plywood backing at my local range to use them on. Need friends with land so I can blow up sodas and water bottles!!

7 Likes

M1A in an E2 stock

10 Likes