Long gun picture thread 2.0

actually the truck was kind of free…Kind of. I had a 99 Silverado 4x4 2500 and was setting still for traffic on the highway when a lady hit me in the rear at 65 mph. Totaled the truck and got this with the settlement. So kinda free but I had more into the Silverado than they gave me

5 Likes

AT LEAST YOU’RE STILL ALIVE! :+1:

5 Likes

@Prepper10…I completely agree…that Chevy did its job keeping me safe

6 Likes

North Americans perfected the system

4 Likes

And Germans, Italians, tons of African countries and etc. Isn’t just us that are left hand drive.

Mate, tell your (useless) government to fully convert over to the “dark side”. You all already use miles per hour and other American measurements everyday. Just continue the journey! Down with using “stone” as a weight measurement and quid as a term for pounds!!

All in jest my friend. :+1: I’ve watched so much British TV in my life I use some of terms in my everyday speech…hell search the forum and you’ll see some. I get looked at funny when I say boot and bonnet…sometime I have to stop myself from using it.

5 Likes

We still perfected it. #Greatestcountryontheplanet

4 Likes

:joy::joy:. I tell folks to ‘bugger off’ all the time.

7 Likes

try calling them a “wanker” and watch the “deer in the headlight” look come across their face as they try to figure that one out, LOL.

8 Likes

I did that last weekend and the dude looked at me funny.

3 Likes

just so you know the "miles/yards/feet/lbs/gallons are known as the Imperial Measurement as compared to SI / Metric System ( or système international thanks to French and Napoleon ) and the difference between Imperial and US was due to Colonial Taxation that USofA retained after Independence.

3 Likes

“Tosser” and “poofter” are other funny swear words in limey. I had this discussion with a guy from Liverpool , pretty funny guy with a worse mouth than me.

5 Likes

My useless government couldn’t manage to sit the right way round on a toilet, let alone sort that out. Would love to have some of your big SUV’s over hear if we did convert.
You should try out some Rounderbout’s over there as better than all those traffic signals, although being able to turn right on a Red is genius.
I watch a load of American TV, so do the same with American terms, although you can get yourself in trouble as some words have a very different meaning over hear. For example to say your Wife has a ‘Big Fanny’ wouldn’t be good…!:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Wanker is a classic and one of my favourites, don’t forget Twat and Dickhead…!

3 Likes

jf89, you did well understanding the guy from Liverpool. I live in London and struggle to understand a word they say…!

2 Likes

Roundabouts are kinda fun. Drove in Ireland a few years back. Only made a couple turns into oncoming traffic. Rural area so no harm. But I felt like the typical stupid American tourist.

3 Likes

The Irish drink alot, matter of fact I hear their national bird is being changed to a flying bottle of Jameson.

5 Likes

They’ve started putting roundabouts in around here. I actually like them. One particularly dangerous rural intersection hasn’t had a fatality since converting a few years ago. Plus, I like not having to stop which never seemed to be the case when there was a red light there.

7 Likes

Our current city was trying to put one here right near our house. Never happened but I’m not sure why. Based on our traffic and a plethora of stupid drivers I expect there would have been more accidents. But because of the speeds involved probably a lot less injuries.
We’ve had some doozies when someone blows through a red light.

2 Likes

That’s f****** saying something!

3 Likes

not unless you want to wake up like John Wayne Bobbitt did!:astonished:

3 Likes