Long gun picture thread 2.0

Very nice rifle. Gotta love roller locks.

3 Likes

CETME Sporter.

13 Likes

My Remington 783 in 308 out of the Box…

Long Gun Build 600-1000m goal

11 Likes

Well in packing I finally cased up my safe queen for the move. This was my Dad’s and now I keep it until I can pass it on to my son.

Is it a long gun? Is it a shotgun? It’s both! It’s a Fluss, Stahl, and Krupp shotgun/rifle combo. I figured I’d share it as it rarely gets pulled out and shown to anyone.

My wife and I decided to build our next house and she is all about me having a room with a safe door. Hopefully it comes to fruition and I can display this beauty in style. I think it deserves it.

13 Likes

Very cool! I like the external hammers and you don’t often see an old original scope like that. I have a Drilling that my Dad had in his collection. We spent two tours in West Germany with the USAF.

5 Likes

Something a little different. Built by Ed Lapour. Defiance Machine Rebel XM action in 6.5 284 Norma with a #5 Krieger fluted barrel, Leupold LRT scope, with a McMillan stock. I have shot this rifle out to 1200 yards.The action has a 20 moa rail. Scope has a tactical milling reticle.

12 Likes

Thank you @mlj56 and +1 for the USAF!

3 Likes

My latest find… an Egyptian Hakim. Just got it today for a decent price I think.

17 Likes

Nice! I’ve got $400 to burn and I’m ha omg a hard time picking what I want.

How’s that Hakim shoot?

4 Likes

I haven’t shot it yet. I got it for $350 at a law enforcement supply store. They had just got it in and didn’t know anything about it.

4 Likes

Why cannot I have that kind of luck?

5 Likes

In 8mm right?I think I saw that some were made in 30-06?

4 Likes

Yes this one is in 8mm. I’m not sure about 30-06. I don’t know much about them but it’s time to learn.

4 Likes

My bad I was thinking of the fn49 which the Hakim is a copy of . The fn49 was made in .308 and7mm.

3 Likes

I believe you are correct sir. It’s also a licensed copy of the Swedish Ag/m42. The surplus of 8mm after the war had a big effect on that choice I think.

3 Likes

The FN 49 was only produced in 7mm, 30.06 and 8mm in large quantities. The 308 guns were rebarreled by Argentina thenselves.

The Hakim is a Ljungman AG/42 copy in 8mm where as the Ljungman was in 6.5mm. There was a version, made by Egypt, that was loosely based on the Hakim and in 7.62X39 called the Rashid.

5 Likes

What’s with all these short long guns? Lets see some true long guns with balls. :joy:

Mine’s nearly 5 feet long and can reach out a mile.

10 Likes

@Mongo Knows his stuff!

3 Likes

Hey now. A semi auto 10lb rifle chambered in 8mm Mauser has balls. They’re just old and grey.

4 Likes

KNIGHT .50 cal Black Powder Muzzleloader

8 Likes