look what is wandering my woods

Camera date and time are wrong

9 Likes

Nice, you gonna hunt him?

7 Likes

Maybe. I usually just shoot does. Also saw a 4 point when I was checking the cameras. Does, turkey, and yotes on other cameras.

9 Likes

Doubt he’ll see next year, nice buck, we had one roaming but I’ve not seen him in a few days, bow season :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Almost no one out here bow hunt’s.
That is the only nice one I have pictures of but there are several more running around. Too many does to count.
Unless you are trophy hunting all you have to do here is wait till a doe walks by. Boom freezer meat.

8 Likes

Lots of does must be enjoyable for the bucks.

In general, where is that?

8 Likes

Shelby county Kentucky

9 Likes

That’s a good one :+1:

Boom freezer meat

That’s what I was thinking Sunday saw a group of 6 doe’s.

7 Likes

I am not much of a hunter, som can you explain why just does?
Are their just a lot more?

7 Likes

There are a lot more. I think they taste better. Went back to check the game cameras yesterday and there were 6 does in one field. I’m not chasing antlers I’m putting meat in the freezer.

9 Likes

I’ve always thought that the bucks peeing on themselves and such to excite the does has a negative effect on the meat when the knife gets contaminated with it then continues dressing out the deer. Couple that with possible warm temps for heightened effect. I refused to hunt if the weather warmed since I was a meat hunter also.

7 Likes

very interesting. thanks

5 Likes

Its all in how you take care of it . Keep it clean and get it cooled of as quick as you can . That being said I prefer to shoot young deer I find they are more tender.

5 Likes

This is running around in my woods .

8 Likes

Oh wow, cool, and scary if you have any livestock to protect, I believe I seen Bobcat tracks in our yard yesterday, we have chickens that roam the yard so its something to be wary of for us

5 Likes
4 Likes

I know better than to play that, gets stuck in your head :no_good_man:

6 Likes

Here kitty, kitty, kitty…

5 Likes

Should be more like Here kitty,kitty,kitty
BOOM

5 Likes

Well, My brother lives on the old farm and he has goats and the goats just had 4 kids and his daughter care takes em . I showed them what I seen it ran right by me while I was sitting at the base of a white oak tree.They was very concerned worried the bobcat may get hungry. I will say the turkeys are awful slim past couple years .

6 Likes