look what is wandering my woods

I was sitting at the base of a white oak with my old trusty revolver near a deer trail and I her a thump in the leaves looked to my left and that Bobcat had jumped right on this very long downed rotten oak tree. I whipped my phone out and was able to catch several pics and the head pic was after she seen me and stopped . I could have shot it but I let her go. I say her because the males tend to be a few inches taller and tend to look more stretched out and heads slightly bigger.

6 Likes

A Hawk grabbed a bird from our feeder early this AM, its cold and critters are hungry, a real bird eat bird world, actually have separated two hens that were being messed up by the others, cold stress I suspect, heat lamp don’t even keep the water from freezing

5 Likes

Lol the video was funny…bwahahaha
Smelly catvits not your fault …:rofl:

7 Likes

Someone (not me) forgot to turn the breakers to the water tank heaters back on. We were breaking ice for the cows and goats in this crap.

5 Likes

Dang , yeah Hawks is hard on them ol’ yardbirds.
I reckon we must have caretaken a couple thousand through my childhood before mom finally decided she didnt want to fool with em anymore. When the last 50 + got to old to lay Mom decided to butcher them all. Man oh man. I think we had whole chicken fried chicken, boiled chicken, chicken dumplings , chicken livers, chicken pot pie chicken casserole deep fried chicken , chicken fingers chicken strips,chicken noodle soup, BBQ chicken, and I think thats just about all the ways you can have chicken and we did it . I am pretty positive that I couldnt eat chicken after that for about 10 yrs.:rofl:

6 Likes

I put in a circuit to run the tank heater on our place. It’s nice that the cows have water to drink without having to break ice. It will be above freezing on Christmas.

6 Likes

Stepped out (sorry for the picture) in the snow before coffee wearing only my boxers and an ear set as the bitch was eating another, smart enough to take flight, I had bird shot on full choke expecting him to remain seated and eating, I did take a shot but think he got away free today :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Glad you did not post a picture. On second thought it would keep Beltfed occupied for awhile.

5 Likes

:rofl:

sick f%ck

5 Likes

Will it let you pet it? It looks friendly and sounds like it’s evaluating you too.

5 Likes

10 Likes

My game cam across the street

8 Likes

You’ll eat better than me, all I gots is tree rats and quail. :rofl:

There is a couple doe tracks as well, still just track soup.

7 Likes

Same tracks I have, squirrel, rabbit and chickens, nothing like that rich guy @Belt-Fed

8 Likes

I killed a couple of coons and set them out back as coyote bait, and this guy showed up forthe 4th of July.

12 Likes

Fried tree rats is good, just fried up some miniature deer burgers on bisquits, me gator taters was all crunched up cause i got the last of the bag and i broke me bisquit top. all served up on fine china.

https://i.postimg.cc/ydBSfr4t/20230211_113212.jpg

9 Likes

He appears well fed already :eagle:

9 Likes

Eagle chittlins be good too.

9 Likes

Okay, turkey, deer, raccoon …

8 Likes

I knew a guy name Oakey Underwood when I was a teen. He was a big time Raccoon hunter. He kept the legs off the bigger specimens he would skin the hides off of. One time we had a big bring your own dish dinner and Oakey brought BBQ grilled raccoon legs . … got to say they was good. One and only time I ever had any .

8 Likes