Looks like James Yaeger is joining the Ukranian foreign legion

:+1: , makes sense. Hope you decide to stick around.

5 Likes

Robert, click on the ‘New Topic’ Floating Widget Button in the Lower Right hand corner of your screen. Select Introductions as the place to post the new thread about you. Just tell us something about you, your service, career, fire arms, competition, faith, grand kids, pets etc. You know stuff to help us get to know you. Click here first.

3 Likes

I saw the same video. I never had the honor of serving in the military, so I have no military training. So my own thoughts on what I saw are from a layman’s perspective.

It didn’t look to me like he ran away. To me it looked like he took cover in the ditch once his car began taking automatic fire. The car was stuck in traffic and couldn’t go anywhere. So I don’t think they could’ve tried to drive away. I would think getting out of the car and taking cover in the nearby ditch is what you’re supposed to do in that situation?

As for providing suppressive fire, I obviously wasn’t there, but I would also think you should only do so if you have a clear line of sight to the target (i.e., your buddies or innocent bystanders aren’t in the way) and you know where the enemy target is at (i.e., where are the shots coming from?).

So when I heard the controversy and criticisms surrounding his actions in that video, I was confused as to why. I haven’t yet read a detailed explanation of what he did wrong. Just conclusory remarks that he was a coward or “ran away.” Again, my lack of military service and training reveals my ignorance on such things. Maybe one of our veterans on here can explain what he did wrong?

4 Likes

Oh, and I had seen some of his youtube videos. He never rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t agree with some of his assertions, like 1911s suck (my favorite gun youtuber - Paul Harrell - had a good video response to that), but some of the other things he said or taught seemed to make sense to me.

Anyway, it’s a shame he got ALS. I’d say that’s pretty brave to volunteer to go to war against a common enemy, even if you know your illness is terminal. I mean, he could’ve spent his last days at home with friends and family, but decided instead to go out fighting for something he believes in.

5 Likes

Don’t rush me, I’m 76, I enlisted in the Marines in 65, wanted to fly Chinooks in Vietnam, boy was I stupid, but lucky and didn’t get to go. Went to to Iraq in 03/04 coming home in Dec of 04.

8 Likes

I am tired of hearing about the Ukraine and watching hundreds of BILLIONS of our dollars going over there to cover Romney’s, Kerry’s, Pelosi’s and biden’s tracks while we have vets that are sleeping in cardboard boxes. We have illegal immigrants that are receiving full medical while we have people that fought for this nation not getting any health care. We have weapons going to Ukraine and the Taliban (yes $85,000,000,000 worth remember, I do) while we have retirees and vets that can barely afford food. FORGET THE UKRAINE AND THE ILLEGALS AND START TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN!!! DO YOU HERE THAT CONGRESS TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!!!

8 Likes

might slow the pissin and moanin

5 Likes

They should have just left him over there,let the starving people snack on him a bit, might have even saved them a few bucks on the funeral.

3 Likes

I’m not convinced that Russia is the bad guy.

6 Likes

It is possible for all parties to be corrupt vile murdering POS. Just saying

7 Likes

There is truth in this.

7 Likes