Low bore axis?

Interesting. At a very quick glance the results appear similar in that each firearm falls in relatively the same position on the list shown above as well as the results @switchpod posted. Now there may be some differences as I just did a quick spot check since the lists vary slightly in the firearms evaluated.

4 Likes

Yeah, right!

4 Likes

Another contender…
https://www.ballisticmag.com/2019/02/04/first-look-laugo-arms-alien-pistol/

1 Like

Wow! Look at that! I am really interested in that. Good find @montzster. I will be looking into this. Thank you very much for bringing our attention to this new pistol.

2 Likes

It’s pretty awesome and all, however…

Laugo Arms scheduled a limited-to-500 worldwide run for March 8, 2019.

the Alien has an MSRP of approximately $5,000.

So I doubt any of us regular peons will ever even see one. I’m sure a famous blogger or two cough MAC / IV8888 will get theirs.

Too bad because I kind wanna experience this:

“As a result, the pistol practically does not elevate after the shot and has almost flat recoil angle and no muzzle flip.”

3 Likes

There was another thread on it a few months back. Mr. Torgue is right on the price though, 5k is a little steep for alot people.

3 Likes

It looks like you @Caw started that one! Yet another thread I had no idea we had here. I truly wish I had the dedicated time required to accurately cover all the incredible information, and knowledge all of our Full30 members bring to the forum.
This conundrum reminds me of an old black and white episode of the twilight zone in which a avid book fanatic wishes he had all the time in the world to read all of his books. The great irony comes when his wish is granted. He has all the time he needed, and immediately after having his wildest dreams come true he immediately has his glasses broken beyond repair rendering the book collection useless.

Something to consider at least a good reminder to all of us to enjoy life as it comes and to reinforce not letting the tail wag the dog.

4 Likes

It looks like a neat pistol, I was just giving you a heads up about the other thread. Its damn near impossible to keep up with all of them lol.

4 Likes

The P226 shoots very smoothly and has a higher bore axis, possibly this measurement has been hijacked by the sales teams and just meaningless propaganda. I find a M&P 9 much more snappier to shoot.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

Which measurement are you referring to @Willy_M

4 Likes

Bore height.

4 Likes

You never know.

1 Like

The long awaited measurement that @montzster recommend is finally here!
The Steyr L9-A1.

This pistols barrel bore was .349” for the gauge pin.

Zeroed out the dual beam on the center of the beaver tail.

The distance from tail to the top of the pin is .570”. Gauge pin .349”/2=0.1745”. 0.570”+ 0.1745”= 0.7445”!!! The new record holder for the lowest bore!!!

8 Likes

In an experienced hand does bore height really make a difference in results or more hype for retailers?

5 Likes

Yea, it helps with muzzle flip and follow up shots. I could tell the difference between the Sig and Glock but it should not be a deciding factor and newer shooters probably cant tell. It could be considered hype to some though. There are world class competitive shooters that run Sigs so obviously its not a huge problem or anything like that, imo.

3 Likes

Thanks for this thread. I never knew all this stuff. Learning alot.

3 Likes

@switchpod is our Yoda for guns.

4 Likes

Nope, not if you can hit your target proficiently.

2 Likes

Wow @Caw! Good explanation Brother!

1 Like

No problem @RedAngel. My pleasure.

2 Likes