Low bore axis?

You never know.

1 Like

The long awaited measurement that @montzster recommend is finally here!
The Steyr L9-A1.

This pistols barrel bore was .349” for the gauge pin.

Zeroed out the dual beam on the center of the beaver tail.

The distance from tail to the top of the pin is .570”. Gauge pin .349”/2=0.1745”. 0.570”+ 0.1745”= 0.7445”!!! The new record holder for the lowest bore!!!

8 Likes

In an experienced hand does bore height really make a difference in results or more hype for retailers?

5 Likes

Yea, it helps with muzzle flip and follow up shots. I could tell the difference between the Sig and Glock but it should not be a deciding factor and newer shooters probably cant tell. It could be considered hype to some though. There are world class competitive shooters that run Sigs so obviously its not a huge problem or anything like that, imo.

3 Likes

Thanks for this thread. I never knew all this stuff. Learning alot.

3 Likes

@switchpod is our Yoda for guns.

4 Likes

Nope, not if you can hit your target proficiently.

2 Likes

Wow @Caw! Good explanation Brother!

1 Like

No problem @RedAngel. My pleasure.

2 Likes

Ahh. I’m just a guy with a hobby. Thank you @EQuinn for the kind words.

2 Likes

You are right though, it really is kind of a moot point. Have you ever taken your G17 and p226 and shot them back to back? The Sig ,imo makes up for it by having great grip shape/angle but the Glock has significantly less flip. I bet that Steyr has even less then Glock.

1 Like

Steyr rocks! I’ve always loved them just wish they came in 10mm

3 Likes

Me too, and the worst part is that Steyr just stopped making the “m9-a1” variant in .40 cal so yeah even less likely now than ever.

3 Likes

Excellent

2 Likes

How does the muzzle flip on the Steyr compare to the Glock?

2 Likes

Don’t know just yet. I’m also the last type of person to notice that type of stuff.

2 Likes

Smoothest shooting stock polymer pistol I’ve ever fired.

2 Likes

Wonder how the Fk BRNO stacks up, but sure no one has $7,500 sitting around to find out

3 Likes

Yeah, no kidding @AgentVenom. But there may be hope for the FK field pistol. They are the polymer Brother to the FK brno. Only $2,500.00 for that one LOL!

1 Like

Dont you own a fancy pants HK mark 23 that runs about that much? Pure craziness, I could buy about 15 hi points for that price.

1 Like