Mag loader tool

Newbie here… is it manly or not manly to use the mag loader tool on my Glock 19?

7 Likes

Unless you have some Fred Flintstone thumbs I don’t think anyone will call you a sissy for using one, I’m happy you’re at least aware of the need to be manly, a good sign :grin:

9 Likes

Pop said “work smarter not harder”
He gave me a 9mm thumb saver a long time ago
I like these:

https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp

8 Likes

Always good to load some by hand, establish and maintain that muscle memory so you can load a mag while you concentrate on something else. There is no sense in giving yourself blisters though, when shooting with the grandkids I use that exact loader, helps keep the pistols on the warm side :wink:

8 Likes

don’t know that you could use manly and glock in the same sentence.

9 Likes

I use a loader on everything. And if you question my manliness i’ll crack you with my purse.

10 Likes

All Lula loaders for different guns, they work.

7 Likes

Even use em for the shotguns. these are 3d printed ones but they work, one for 12 gauge and one for 20 gauge.

7 Likes

Save your money on this one, overly complicated and half way works.

4 Likes

I’ve been using the factory Glock loader with no moving parts. Very simple, unlikely to break, cheap to replace. Works just fine for me.

That said, it’s one more thing to pack, or fish out of my bag. Half the time I go without it, even though going without takes a little skin off my thumb.

If you have California 10-round mags, then I say definitely use the loader. The spring tension is much stiffer right at the end, since they legally have to make sure you can’t turn your mag into a nuke with that 11th round.

4 Likes