Magazine storage

I can’t say a lot, have a lot of them still in the package. I don’t have a bunch loaded. had one clown on another site tell people if they didn’t have 200 mags loaded they wasn’t prepared. well I couldn’t keep my mouth shut (as usual). I said dude, that’s 5000 rounds. if you have that many assailiants that require 5000 rounds yer gonna die a quick death anyway. I said i’d be willin to bet you can’t even pull a trigger 5000 times quickly without the finger spazzin out.

1 Like

I doubt there is a number I will stop at. I have 14 grandkids with the oldest few starting their own nest now, no reason for them to start from scratch.
It pisses me off the government won’t give me the same IRA tax break they give for gold and silver. My copper, lead, and brass are traded on the commodities market as well. My dreamworld yearly IRA contribution…as long as I don’t have penalties for early withdraw. :wink:
p_100010469_1

3 Likes

I’ve always been told the spring dosnt really wear from being loaded its the constant cycling that wears it out. I have no idea how accurate that is though.

3 Likes

Was that on arf or m4c? I had a similar conversation. I used to keep a 1000 rounds loaded in mags. The most ive shot was 1200 rounds in two days, that was fast paced shooting too. My hand was worn out a bit, 5000 rounds wouldve left my hand swollen and beat to shit like when I diddled @LonewolfMcQuade s mom outack in that old pontiac.

1 Like

Nope, neither of them.

1 Like

I’ve shot a lot of rounds in one day, can’t tell you the amount but it was only one trigger pull per mag or belt.

1 Like

Yeah ,that dosnt count :belt_fed:

1 Like

I kept a pistol mag loaded for a couple years without firing it and that made it to where it wouldn’t load properly. It shot fine before then but not after. So I’m not so sure I believe it doesn’t effect the spring based on that personal experience.

1 Like

That’s also a sample of one. I’ve kept AR mags loaded for a year or two with no issue.

Worth a read

3 Likes

:rofl: Was just getting ready to post that article myself, lots of info out there on the subject.

2 Likes

I thought the military had done testing on this and released the info but I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Oh those are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

They pop up all the time for sale on amazon. The smaller one holds I believe 32-34 ar15 30rd mags. The larger I have a bunch of am mags in. They work great.

4 Likes

I like the second one a lot, would be great to store some excess ammo under the bed.

3 Likes

I store my mags loaded in ammo cans. A .50 cal can will hold a dozen AR or mini 14 mags. An 800 round 5.56 ammo can holds 24 P-mags. I use bandoleers for grab n go mag pouches.

5 Likes

Still have a Beretta 92f, had it since the 80’s NEVER had a failure to feed and has had 3 magazine’s fully loaded since I bought it. They all work fine. I would think the plastic of p mags will fail before the springs do.

3 Likes

I use to store ammo under the bed, but slide a box under it one time and poked a hole in my love doll. cost me darn near 20 bucks to get a patch put on her and some funny looks at the tire store.

3 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

These Berettas are really growing on me. I want one of those Girsan M9 A3 copies.

1 Like

I want one two. Cheaper than a standard beretta and comes with a threaded barrel.

1 Like