16 Likes

Very sexy brake,

but…

Its like a hood scoop on a pinto

oops, didn’t type that on a mental keyboard did I, my bad :blush:

8 Likes

That was your out loudy voice.

6 Likes

You have to stop using your range voice…

6 Likes

What’s wrong with a hood scoop on a Pinto?
I mean as long as you have a 351 Cleveland stuffed in there…
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

This was awesome

8 Likes

Definitely! Great job!

7 Likes

Thank you @Giantspeed, and @Comanchero45 I appreciate the feedback.

5 Likes

We will have to see if @MikeBlack47
Likes the brake. I got word that he got it!

5 Likes

I’m going to take it to the range still weekend and try it out. I’ll have some video and pictures up soon

3 Likes

This may be a nice innovation @switchpod
Let’s do some testing
I have lots of folks that buy things like this

5 Likes

Deal!

5 Likes

@switchpod @Giantspeed @Comanchero45 @srdiver

A quick update on the brake. Sorry I’m a bit behind on posting. Here are a couple photos of it and I’m working on the video really soon. Doing my ACT 235 course this week, “Armed Guard class”

7 Likes

I would screw that brake a bit down a bit more

4 Likes

Is this a purchased rifle
Or is the one your building ?
Prudence would suggest firing it first on a known rifle

2 Likes

Wow…how would I go about ordering something like that?

4 Likes

No clue. I am not a business so I don’t have an answer yet, but as soon as I get a LLC I will let you know.

6 Likes

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here and I am glad to have the pleasure of announcing my review of switch pods custom AK muzzle brake. I’ve taken pictures and video of it and action and I get to show off a few modifications that can help your a k run we don’t have all the parts on hand. Considerate a MacGyver moment. After dealing with the rain and a lot of range is being closed for maintenance. I found one in my local area that was an hour away to get things done. After setting everything up I did some photos of the AK with a bear muzzle to start as a Baseline. Fortunately I had no straight bars to show the Recoil. Use the ceiling tiles as a marker so you can get an idea. Other than the video The Recoil impulse was a lot more different and smoother. He’s very gentle and in a few of the videos below you can see as I did double stay on target. When the photos I will post here will be of the target itself as you can see I was standing and shooting rapidly at 25 yards. Eating out the center of the target, Also some rounds above at the head and neck level were for formalization current.

I did notice a reduction in muzzle rise in from the video you can see the muzzle break action did reduce the movement of the rifle. I hope you all enjoy and being patient with me

Monster Can are for more than holding a tasty drink.

Thank you to everyone that was involved in this little project of ours and I have to give credit where credit is due to switch pod who turned out this break with the quickness in had it sent to me really fast. It made the a k a lot better and it’s designed get straight to the point without all the need for flash and logos LOL

Hopefully we’ll get more people join in on the AK section of full30 and showing off their little toys. Anything you want to show out of your own design for Quick Fix it’s always welcome let’s grow the community

@switchpod @ZEKESHOOTS @ArmedApe @Giantspeed @Tactical_Reviews @Robert @Comanchero45 omancher

6 Likes

Great work! Looks like it’s quite effective.
Funny thing, today I was out running an informal experiment myself with two of my AKs. One of my experiments was trying to determine point of impact shift and felt recoil between no brake, a typical slant brake and an AK-74 style brake. In my case, no brake at all ended up being my best option for felt recoil. The slant brake actually pushed the recoil more violently into my cheekbone, and the 74 brake felt slightly stronger straight back and made it much louder of course…not to mention the weight of that thing!
My other experiment was with recoil springs.
Yes, it was an AK day!
:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Sweet video @MikeBlack47! Thank you for showing the comparison. I have to ask about the AK rifle you have.
It looks like a RPK front trunnion and a yugo front sight post. I’m interested in what the rifle is! You got to spill the beans!

4 Likes