Mandatory Insurance for Gun Owners?

The topic of mandatory insurance for gun owners came up in another thread. Instead of de-railing that one. I decided to start another thread.

This may have been addressed elsewhere, but a question that I have not seen put forward is; why are companies like USCCA so popular if mandatory insurance for gun owners is such a bad idea? My opinion is that insurance for gun owners should NOT be mandatory. My fear is that some of these insurance companies may start to lobby politicians so that they will require insurance to be carried by all gun owners… and we are paying for it.

10 Likes

While I don’t think it should be mandatory I have US Law Shield. I carry a gun and IF I have to use it I don’t want to loose everything I have defending myself in court.
Every bullet you fire has a lawyer attached.

12 Likes

If anything needs to be mandatory we should start with common sense

That would encompass a lot, things like

1. Supporting the constitution
  2. Keeping criminals locked up
  3. Identifying those who don’t support the constitution
  4. See #2
10 Likes

Common sense is deader than Elvis.

And the same chance of getting better.

11 Likes

Mandatory insurance for gun owners is another back-door method of gun registration.

It also then opens the door to such great ideas as “inspections” to make sure that you are “complying” and additional fees for more “dangerous” weapons, etc.

It is also another method of taxing gun ownership out of existence for those who can’t afford it.

All around, “mandatory” is a bad idea in my opinion.
If you want to carry insurance, it should be your prerogative…not another demand placed upon us by the same imbeciles who have brought us so many other wonderful ideas like “mandatory” healthcare insurance.

12 Likes

They can pass all the “laws” they want.

I have a pass as a registered demoncrap. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Insurance Industry Lobbyists:
Weapons License v Driver License
Gun Insurance v Auto Insurance

Demonrats & Rinos:
Gun Registration v Auto Registration
Ammo Tax v Gas Tax

Patriots:
True the Vote you Commie Traitors!

9 Likes

That insurance is designed to protect you. The mandatory insurance they want gun owners to carry is insurance that gives a victim of a crime (because criminals will buy insurance and register their guns) like a mass shooting some sort of subsistence. The insurance these politicians are speaking of has nothing to do with protecting you or your gun from confiscation or criminal persecution.

7 Likes

A NJ law I’d guess :wink:

7 Likes

Just so everyone knows laws that are being pushed and even passed in San Jose California is for “Liability Insurance” not for insurance to protect you.

9 Likes

Same as the auto racket

9 Likes

Exactly the same. Then you have to worry about civil liability. In some states if a thief steals their car while either running or simply leaving a spare key in the truck to be found the owner is liable for all damage to other vehicles. So you can bet your butt they’ll push for the same if a gun was stolen from you.

Say it was not locked in a safe, or even simply in your car at a gas station and someone stole it. You will now be held liable for anything that criminal does with it. Criminals won’t buy insurance I guarantee it so why have it if they can’t use it for actual liabilities. The only way to do that is to put the criminal liability into the law abiding citizens hands.

Mandatory insurance is a definite infringement on our rights and the roads it will lead down is crazy I mean imagine an insurance evaluator coming to inspect your safe (for cheaper insurance premiums or for an evaluation of a stolen gun involved in a crime) and he sees everything you have. Ammo, Mags, reloading powder, primers, 20 guns, etc. what makes you think this city slicker wouldn’t turn you in as a red flag

10 Likes

If this goes though, it will be a back door registration.

10 Likes

it will be much worse
imagine you just been pulled over and having to prove on demand that you have liability insurance (which you “failed” to renew). Poof you are now a criminal, and may or may not have a felony that prohibits you from being in possession of firearms.

9 Likes

This is doing nothing but gaining steam

8 Likes

I won’t do it, period!

10 Likes

Yep thats the plan.

True the vote so we can drain the Swamp, because it will become a thing if we don’t.

As always it will hurt the people they claim to want to help. The economically disenfranchised albeit by their policies, are the ones it will hurt the most.

Just like now, they are the ones who can’t get arms to defend themselves from the predators, the ones the Demonrat Commies keep letting back out on the street. The other day that couple that was killed in Sh!town, was by a guy who was out on the street pending 3 crimes committed with a gun.

Yet the news media never asks what is the motive? Logic tells you it’s on purpose. Logic tells you it has a purpose.

Truth? The truth is they Hate and are Evil.
The proof is in their works. Time is getting short, do you sense a quickening?

9 Likes

You all know this will pass in the 9th circuit. It’s going to have to go to the Supreme Court who hates to take up 2nd amendment issues. This really could be thing for a while

9 Likes

There’s two kinds of insurance. One that actually helps you out and gives you money when something bad happens. And one where a thug comes up to you and takes your money or else. AKA “protection money.”

8 Likes