Mandatory Kill Switch On All New Cars

I recently found out about this:

Apparently, the Infrastructure Bill requires all new cars starting in 2026 to have a kill switch installed. I’m all for catching bad guys in get-away cars and preventing drunk driving and all, but I have a bad feeling about this.

13 Likes

Commies takin over.

11 Likes

paid by both the taxpayer and consumer

10 Likes

More “control” from the commie rats “Fear and control” agenda.
More coming unless…

7 Likes

Idiocracy once again a prophecy

9 Likes

This is not new. Don’t remember the exact date but any vehicle that was manufactured after I think at the very least 2009. But I believe it was more like 2000.
Device can remotely halt auto chases - ABC News (go.com)

10 Likes

@Equin

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. Very scary stuff!

Big Brother is closing in on us all !

7 Likes

@preachp

So, who is using this device? Seems there are still lots of car chases in the USA.

7 Likes

@Belt-Fed

This goes beyond what the Commies are doing. And, it is very dangerous to us all.

8 Likes

Won’t be used for car chases, it will be used for suspended twitter/FB accounts :grimacing:

10 Likes

@Robert

LOL

7 Likes

Anybody that opted for OnStar is eligible for this to happen to them.

Onstar Stolen Vehicle Assistance | Onstar Knowledge Base (onstarguide.com)

I’ve only had one car newer than the 1990s, and I keep finding reasons to look for 1980s and earlier models, or swap 1980s engines into 1990s models, instead of looking for something newer than a mid-1990s model.

9 Likes

It is why there are safety inspections. Don’t think for one second is to keep the highways safe. They are getting rid of cars that don’t have satellite and internet on the car. Cash for clunkers was the same objective. I can’t believe people didn’t see it.

11 Likes

I cannot remember the date… I think 2005?
But before then too…
Cars are equipped with a GPS tracking device.
Now all cars have them that are new.
Yes… you can disable them. :grin::metal:
My 2004 Trailblazer had it… key word had.

10 Likes

I keep telling my wife that my next car/truck will be from the 60s or 70s (pre-computer). Would love to see these new cars that want to “communicate” with each other to try to set up comms with what I am driving. That goes for a kill switch too!

8 Likes

I LOVE my 93 HMMWV…
Talking about simple. Even an emp cannot kill that machine. LOL

7 Likes

Cash for Clunkers was one of the worst things to happen to the used car market. Helped payback the UAW for their support, but made things very difficult for anybody looking for a cheap used car.

10 Likes

The UAW also has roads salted in the winter…but only in states with their influence. It destroys cars, and does not help the roads.

10 Likes

Yep. There is almost absolutely NOTHING you can s alvage at a yard for late 80s-mid 90s.
They screwed us good.

9 Likes

Really?

You sure it wasn’t the people accepting a 400.00 voucher towards a new car?

5 Likes