Marking your guns

Mods: If this is in the wrong place, please move it and let me know where I should post such questions. Thanks

So what I’m talking about here is any of the various ways and/or materials that can be used to fill in or in some other way make the markings on your gun easier to read. I mean, serial number, armory, various dates, etc. that are common on weapons and are difficult to read on some older guns such as aging mil surps.

I’m looking for recommendations for semi permanent ways to enhance these markings to make them easier to read. Any and all products / methods you can recommend would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for those willing to add your 2 cents worth.

WilliamK

8 Likes

A paint pen (see Amazon or craft store) will work, just wipe over with a bit of alcohol to pick up excess. Or, many people swear by fingernail polish. Even model paint will do just fine.

I highlight the round counts on the back of my Glock mags, etc.

8 Likes

The S&W came like this, not a fan.
There is an art to applying paint and wiping just enough off so the engraving gets filled.

.22 new

8 Likes

meh, a good stencil set should do :laughing:

10 Likes

Old school COOL!
Most copied firearm ever.

7 Likes

SP1 or clone?

4 Likes

I used a white crayon on a few and it works pretty good. It wouild probably melt on a full auto though.

5 Likes

Oh I steel my photos of the net, nowhere near you’re level of one of each on hand :weary:

5 Likes

You gotta be thinkin of Prepper10, Detonics or even Lone Wolf. between them three they own half the guns in Merica

7 Likes

And one of em robbed muh bank to get em. :rage:

7 Likes

[quote=“Belt-Fed, post:10, topic:14569, full:true”]
And one of em robbed muh bank to get em.

You know dam good and well most of your money is buried in coffee cans out in the back yard. That’s why you got the metal detector, forgot where you buried them. :wink: :rofl:

7 Likes

I found most of it.

5 Likes

Now if’n I could just remember where all the ammo is buried.

5 Likes

It was behind the shop building. Why did you bury it so deep it took all night to dig it out and cost me a dozen pork chops to keep your dog quiet.

5 Likes

Crayons work well

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m on the crayola band wagon myself. Less of a pain to remove.

4 Likes

Were both of you Marines in a past life?

4 Likes

Nope Army Security Agency

4 Likes

I must be doing something wrong…
I paint mine up, and even have one with jungle stripe stickers on it.
The one with stickers does not even have any numbers on it to see.

3 Likes

:pleading_face:…no…:cry::sob:

2 Likes