Matrix Precision Promo code

All I’m saying is there is no substitute unless you have a mill
It’s totally worth paying for the matrix jig

5 Likes

Matrix is moving and has a 10% sale.

https://nnf.soundestlink.com/view/60f489bf7a08fb001a23899c/606b62601971975089fd871c?signature=9013d88534aaf3f300040083c612ebea7d11cfa5abc729c7647b300a4e5c14be

9 Likes

Did y’all know we are giving away a matrix rail jig.

8 Likes

A month late. I had even emailed them asking if they had any coupon codes or deals for veterans before ordering. Oh well.

8 Likes

I’m not knocking them in any way, it’s just my luck that I missed out on this sale and the July 4 sale that 1911 builders is currently having. I still bought 4 jigs from Matrix, so it’s all good. It’s just in my bargain hunting nature is all.

8 Likes

Dave is a cool dude.
I sent him an idea for another jig for a 1911 a while ago. Maybe he will do it.

It was super simple. For cutting the lead ramp of the front of the bottom lug on the barrel using the same bottom lug cutter from brownells.

Basically a “U” block with two holes. One accepts a longer link pin, and the other is for the brownells cutter. Install the block on the bottom lug, position the cutter, start cutting and push the block toward the barrel. Will produce a perfectly parallel cut, and with a perfect radius. Those U blocks can be sold in a set representing each of the barrel link sizes, or can be made adjustable.

8 Likes

Aww…thanks, man! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl:

8 Likes

Have you tried the ones from Joe Chambers? I bought a set and I really like them.

Joe Chambers

Brownells

8 Likes

Yup, I have a couple .199 and .198 each from him.

8 Likes

Do you think that they are worth the extra money, or are the ones from Brownells a better buy?

7 Likes

Brownells cutters only go up to .195", and the slide stop us usually .200". Given that there are other tolerances in play you may end up with interference ranging from .003 to .005". I always had to follow that .195 cutter by hand to make sure the barrel rolled onto the slide stop with light thumb pressure on the back of the slide. Having a .198" and if needed a .199" cutter take the “by hand” (unsupported and perhaps not exactly parallel) approach out of the equation.

8 Likes

Will his cutters fit the brownells pilot?

6 Likes

I believe so. I never got a chance to try one. They do the custom cutters in batches. So some time has passed between when I ordered mine and received them.

5 Likes