May Contest Dirtiest Gun

This month the contest is Dirty Firearm. Dirtiest Gun wins a cleaning kit and a $45 Full30 Gift Card. https://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/cleaning-kits/rifle-cleaning-kits/compact-gun-cleaning-system-prod25052.aspx

**Rules of the Contest

1.Read the Rules before you post
2.** NO DERAILING THIS THREAD Comments on or questions about the s
Dirty gun are allowed. Anything not related to a gun will be moved to a special topic for people that can’t read and comprehend the rules.
3. Anyone with a account more than one month old or has obtained level 2 membership is eligible for the prize.
4. A picture of the dirty firearm is required.
5. Submissions will remain open until May 31st.
6. Judges will volunteers from the SOG group. 2 votes for those that contributed to the prize. @SOG get 1 vote.
7. Please post a dirty gun even if you don’t think you will win. @LonewolfMcQuade i think you can find a spec of carbon if you breakout the microscope.
8. **Remember it’s not about winning it’s about promoting conversation. **

14 Likes

Rules!?! Pfft… a teaser

17 Likes

I’m out

13 Likes

I know this post will be moved but i think you won.lol How many rounds through that bolt carrier?

13 Likes

Where’s you see a bolt carrier?

11 Likes

It kinda resembles one.lol

11 Likes

Bolt carrier?
Shoot, that looks like the magnetic sludge collector from the inside of an automatic transmission pan :grin:

11 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: I can’t follow the contest rules so my post ended up here

Heck, I was going to go outside and drop my AK in the mud and shoot a pic of it to submit…
But I live in the AZ desert and can’t find any mud, so I guess we should just declare him the winner :wink:

12 Likes

Part of a long term lube test, went something like a year, over 1,000 suppressed 300 BO rounds before total failure. Never cleaned, only added a couple drops of the lube a couple times. Ended up carbon in the firing pin channel would not let her touch off, who knows how much longer it would have run by just cleaning that.

13 Likes

You must have had a good ole time when you did clean it.

11 Likes

Probably took it to the car wash.

11 Likes

We did that with the sks after we dipped them in gas to cut the cosmoline.

11 Likes

@MAC82 better not move my post :rage:

10 Likes

I knew I had seen that picture.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Fun weekend?

11 Likes

That was right after the WTF 10K Run-n-Gun biathlon near Waco, TX back in October 2018. It was a blast but very humbling and tiring! We ran it in the cold drizzle and extremely muddy conditions.

13 Likes

looks like a camo finish, I like it!

12 Likes

Just love to see those AR’s used as intended, wear that sucker out!

10 Likes