May Contest Dirtiest Gun

I don’t need to win anything here but gotta take the opportunity to post some more pics of that 1,000+ round mess… for all those that say the platform is unreliable and needs to be kept clean to run. This 300 BO is nothing special, just run of the mill AR parts but it rolled right through 1,000 rounds without a problem.

16 Likes

The ex GI in me rebels at the very notion! I’m out as well.

But I have to relate a conversation I had with a gent I shoot competitively with. He told me that he was having malfunctions with his blowback PCC and for that reason was shooting his handgun. I turned out that he had something like 20k rounds through it and someone suggested to him the the springs needed to be changed and he’d get a gunsmith to do this. I suggested that the required springs were just part of normal disassembly for cleaning and he told me that he never did that, didn’t want to get involved in it and would leave it to a professional. :facepalm:

I can’t imagine it. I simply can’t. I’d ask for photos but he wouldn’t know how to take the PCC apart to get them. I wonder if he even knows what lubrication is, but it explains many of his malfunctions over the years. It’s also a pat on the back to Glock (oh how I dislike Glock!*) and Ruger for making products that work even under this level of misuse.

• I have to admit that the latest iteration of Glock actually feels like a firearm in my hand and not a 2x4 as they did in years past.
12 Likes

Just a Chinese SKS I’ve had a few years. I bought it as a project. Classic Firearms was selling them at a discount as cracked stock but functional firearms. I never got around to doing anything with it, as can be seem with it still covered in cosmeline

14 Likes

Since the stock ain’t no good and it’s gonna take a while to clean all the cosmo off there, i’ll give you 50 bucks for it and i’ll clean it up.

11 Likes

I have seen less dirty guns blow up. Yes, the upper receiver “grenaded” from a double feed. At least that was the claim at the range. Fort Carson.

11 Likes

Winner is, as if we’re didn’t already know @jtallen83

10 Likes

Congratulations @jtallen83 !!

10 Likes

YAY!

9 Likes

Cool… I have won a prize for a dirty weapon before, you guys aren’t giving me weekend CQ runner duty are you?

11 Likes

:laughing:

9 Likes

Congrats, you earned it.

10 Likes

Congratulations, now clean that nasty thing.lol

11 Likes

Congratulations @jtallen83 !!!

10 Likes

Congrats @jtallen83!

8 Likes

Thank you much Full30! That .17 cal keeps catching my eye, I don’t have a .17 but now I could clean one, almost a waste if I don’t. :wink:

10 Likes

Nice kit. A big thank you to @ArmedEyeDoc For providing that.

9 Likes

@ArmedEyeDoc is the real deal, always making things happen from behind the stage, he invented “pay it forward” !

10 Likes