Me and my guns

I come from a family that does not own guns. When I was married the in-laws hunted and owned guns. My father-in-law collected guns and we’d go target shooting sometimes. Guns really didn’t do anything for me back then and I didn’t feel the need to own a gun.

Years later I bought a Cricket pistol. It’s a single shot 22 bolt action pistol I got to get rid of a couple of varmints on my property. Then one day I saw a Ruger Blackhawk single action revolver at an auction. I really liked that gun and wanted to buy it. Then I got to thinking I haven’t even gone through the first box of 22LR for that Cricket Pistol I have. So I left the auction. I regretted that and later ended up buying a 357 Ruger Blackhawk. I love that gun. I am very much old school and like that single action revolver for it’s simplicity.

To save on ammo costs I then bought a Ruger Mark 4. I also bought a Uberti Schofield as another old school revolver but it doesn’t really have the same feel as my Blackhawk. I have been buying guns and books about guns. I watch Forgotten Weapons videos. Guns now fascinate me.

One other interest I have is motorcycling. I have a Harley Davidson Electra Glide. I have ridden that cycle to 49 states. My trip last year to Alaska was an adventure of a lifetime.

22 Likes

For the record, we’re a terrible 12 step group, :grin:

Welcome!

12 Likes

All the steps are the same. Buy more guns!

10 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

Welcome from KY.

12 Likes

Welcome Dave, I know how you feel about the guns, I don’t have any either.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum from Texas.
Be careful. If you hang around there people very much, you’ll end up broke and deplored.

11 Likes

@DurangoDave welcome to full30.

12 Likes

Welcome @DurangoDave
Great to have you here at Full 30!

12 Likes

Welcome @DurangoDave glad you found your way to the full30

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Guns are fascinating to me as well! I love to take them down and see how they are made. So many components in some and others like a Springfield model15 I’m helping fix for a friend that are just so simple in design! Glad you found your way here! Be sure to show off some of those oldies!

13 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @DurangoDave Good to have you here.

Check us out at USgunBlog.com

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

Dan

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @DurangoDave !!!

12 Likes

Welcome brother
Another 49 stater here
Respect!

10 Likes

Welcome @DurangoDave

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @DurangoDave. You’ve come to the right place. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome @DurangoDave

8 Likes

Welcome aboard fng hope you like to learn cause that happens a lot here

6 Likes

Welcome, I assume that 50th state is confusion or one you have to ride really fast or know Jesus really well to get to :wink:

5 Likes