Mean Arms 9mm adapter

I got the mean arms 9mm adapter to complete my 9mm carbine build. (Technically a pistol). These run about $29 each and replace the normal follower in a gen 2/3 pmag 30 rd. I was skeptical at first based on the reviews I watched and read. I ran 250 rounds through it yesterday with not a single issue. I was using the wrong buffer and spring in my pistol brace so that got chewed up a bit, but the gun ran awesome! Would highly recommend to anyone looking to do a 9mm AR build without a dedicated lower.

6 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to take a closer look at those.

2 Likes

be nice if he posted a pic of the follower and the product itself.

3 Likes

Here ya go. I have 6 of these for my pistol. Several hundred rounds through them no problems.

4 Likes

That’s pretty neat, never seen such an animal before. if I ever built a 9mm I would get one of those.

3 Likes

The only thing you have to relearn is the ejector is on the mag. You have to clear the chamber BEFORE you remove the mag.

4 Likes

That looks spiffy.

Question for you 9mm AR folks. Can you shoot +P+ out of them?

1 Like

It’s blowback. Might need a heavier buffer or spring. +p+ shouldn’t be a problem. Set up for +p+ it might not run standard pressure ammo.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. What about +P? I usually only run +P 9mm in my Canik.

So to summarize, I would like to run both +P and +P+ with the same AR.

1 Like

Probably. You would just need to play with springs and buffer weights.

2 Likes

With a 8-10" barrel you should be getting more velocity out of standard ammo.

2 Likes

Never tried plus p in mine. probably should one day to see if it works.

2 Likes

I bet plus p would run in them sub machine guns. most fire from an open bolt. all I ever shot was cheap stuff. well I did run hollow points through a couple and they worked.

2 Likes

I have only run 115 gr so far. Haven’t tried any 124’s or147’s. Too many ammo cans full of 115’s to worry about it.

3 Likes