Mega2 from Ransom rest

WooHoo, our new toy from Ransom Rest is now on its way. Placed the order about 2 weeks ago and it’s all built and shipped out today. I’m excited. Only sucky part is it gets here on the 27th, and I’m having surgery on the 26th and not getting home until the 27th. So I won’t be able to set it up right away. Oh well, just bad timing.

11 Likes

What the heck is that? You setting robotic guns now?

4 Likes

It’s a test stand. Lock in a rifle and sight it in. Totally removes the human error.

5 Likes

Human error?
Purpostors… er, preposters… sigh… impossible.

5 Likes

Preposterous?

6 Likes

Now that’s a rifle rest.

6 Likes

Yeah. I guess I just made a human error.

5 Likes

I went to their website and all I got say is WOW.

4 Likes

I was impressed. Talked to the owner for a good hour on the phone and we got all set up. This will be used to test just how accurate a given rifle is with a given ammunition. Ammo needs to match the rifle to be truly accurate. In addition, a rifle can be sighted in to perfection without human errors being introduced, such as trigger pull. No point in chasing the zero point on the scope if the rifle itself with the ammo you’re using can’t hold a 4" MOA.

5 Likes

Looks like all their rest are heavy duty. appears to be built like a tank.

4 Likes

They’re the industry standard of test stands. The military and DoD use only their stands. Most manufactures of firearms and ammunition also use them because they are so well built. Once clamped down you can zero a scope in at 100 yards, fire, and the scope will still be zeroed in on the same spot. The nice thing is everything is done remotely. I’m mount a GoPro to look through the scope and watch a display. Even pulling the trigger is done remotely. Just sit back and record the data from the chronograph and record the video.

4 Likes

Excellent!!!

3 Likes

I see a laser bore sight in your future…

1 Like

I’ve got one, but seeing it at 100 yards or more is hard. So I wait until it’s dark and sit on my deck aiming at a lit up backboard. I can then set my scope.

What’s really nice is the ATN scope I’ve got. It’s digital, so it’s easy to zero. Bore sight it. Take a shot. Center scope on the target and then adjust cross hairs to the impact point. Click OK and it’s done.

The rest is amazing.

The last part I need to get is a Doppler radar chronograph. Hope to have that shortly.

Would also like to add a drone to the mix

2 Likes

Very cool, can’t imagine what it cost.
Rather than having to invest in one of these, it’s better to have a friend who has one.
Like having a boat.
Enjoy it in good health.
Best wishes for a quick recovery from your surgery.

1 Like