Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

11 Likes

we pretty much do egg nog from thanksgiving till christmas - I think I need to find a sugar substitute for it, not sure subing the eggs or cream would work…

9 Likes

As someone who has been in ketosis for 1 1/2 years now there definitely are no carb substitutes that I would try. 2 that come to mind are erythritol and monk fruit extract. The monk fruit would use much less for the same sweetness and the eryth’ is 70% as sweet so it would need roughly 25% more. Neither sweetener has any carbs worth mentioning, used in moderation. The eryth’ has 6% of the calories of sugar.

So you CAN have your eggnog and cut the calories if that’s the goal. Cheers! Merry Christmas.

There are other sugar alcohols (erythritol is a sugar alcohol) and one is xylitol, but if you have dogs that can get hold of whatever is made with it just be aware that xylitol is poisonous to them.

9 Likes

I do a good amount of stevia in tea, I could try that. Not sure of a milk substitute though. Not too concerned about carbs but calories overall. I’ve thought about trying stevia in jello also or making some gummies but I also don’t cook. There are the smart gummies but they are very expensive imho

9 Likes

You could just water down some cream. Once you add all the eggs, probably won’t be able to tell. Cream has fewer carbs than milk.

8 Likes

I got the wife one!
Her mom looked at it as she showed her all the parts. Her mom said disappointingly “He got you THAT???”
“Yeah AND ITS GOT THE 16IN BARREL I WANTED!!!” :rofl:

I also got her a monkey.
Bitches love monkeys.
fetch-1

6 Likes

I get its the wrong thread to point this out but you really should have clarified before making a final purchase :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

10 Likes