Mexican bakery just opened up down the street

I bought like a dozen fresh donuts/pon/whatever hell you want to call them.

I also bought a beer to go with them.

8 Likes

brains?

6 Likes

Donuts and beers. Fresh donuts at that. Fresh churros right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream is pretty amazing, imo

6 Likes

Careful, or you’ll be a real fatass in no time!

3 Likes

That looks like some crap you’d find on the dessert bar of a Chinese buffet.

5 Likes

it’s actually fresh as in made from scratch. My woman knows the store owners daughter. Good folks.

4 Likes

Look what the cat drug up. you been in jail?

4 Likes

not yet , that’s next month when the IRS gets a hold of me

5 Likes

No, but there’s no denying jail’s been in him.

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

We shoulda chipped in & sent…

3 Likes

I’m sure you jerked off typing that

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

OK, back to the bakery…

We need a rule, no carb type foods on display! I’ve been in ketosis for, this is my 7th month, and while immune at looking at carbs, it draws me with it’s siren song like an alcoholic to booze or a druggie to dope. (I assume)

They look good, and the mere mention of churros… They might be OK for me if they’re fried in lard. I can throw the churro away and drink the lard.

4 Likes

:arrow_double_up: :neutral_face: What? LoL

4 Likes

:smiley: In ketosis carbs are a no-no, they turn to sugar and in ketosis one doesn’t burn sugar but fat. Knowing that, the rest should explain itself. It’s like eating a bagel. I can eat a buttered bagel as long as I throw the bagel away and just eat the butter.

There’s more to it than that, but that explains it sufficiently. Now to really blow your mind… I have heart disease and on this diet I’m doing great. All of my tests come back with wonderful numbers, and by eating fat with the only concern being calorie intake. I’ll explain that a bit… we were lied to and the one (really just one) study done that implicated fats as being the culprit were fudged. No one else has ever been able to reproduce the results of that one study because they’re actually doing a real study designed to find the truth and not to publish first. Dietary fats do not cause heart disease. Control what the liver produces and you’re good to go, stop eating fats and there is no change in LDL, eat fats and again, no change in LDL (there’s some evidence that consuming fats drives LDL down). But one must control what the liver makes. The liver is the biggest contributor of LDL in the body.

So when I write that I could drink the lard I’m not far off the mark even though it would be disgusting and be way too many calories. If I told you my diet and my LDL/HDL numbers you wouldn’t believe me. My Dr tells me that people would kill for my numbers. All I’ve told him is that I’m in ketosis and nothing else. I don’t know if he knows the latest research. But I have a keen interest and made it my business.

But do I ever miss bread and pastries! (and fruit, and other things that I ate for decades and grew to love) Now I see them and while I’d love to partake, I know that I can’t because it’ll kick me out of ketosis and I’ll start to burn sugar (carbs, all carbs turn to sugar) and begin storing fat again. Everyones body operates that way. Oh, A1C? Mine went down over 1 point by not eating carbs. My Dr’s happy with that too.

Why does everyone lie to us about diet and how our bodies work? It’s industry, the go’vermin agencies, associations (AMA in particular), they all lie and know the truth.

Sorry for going off track gents.

5 Likes

No bread :grimacing: I don’t know if I could handle that for very long. Sweets or pastries would be no big deal. That sir is an excellent explanation.

5 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t get to be a great baker by not loving bread. Bread was by far the most difficult to give up.

5 Likes

I wish there was a Mexican bakery here. That looks good!

5 Likes

No pizza would suck! I have thought about doing the keto diet. Are you allowed cheat days at all on that diet?

4 Likes

You can eat pizza, just not the dough.

I do keto from time to time. I like to stay between 200-220lbs. I’m 6’ and feel my body likes to be in that range. Once I hit the upper limit I do keto for about 3-4 months to hit 190. This is about every 2-3 years on average. Then I gradually ramp up carb intake until I put on a pound or two, knowing the process has stopped. Then I go back to normal, which takes a surprisingly long time to put the weight back on because you’ve not much desire for high sugar intake coming off the cycle. I will also say that all food tastes better on keto and hunger is almost non-existent after the first few weeks.

5 Likes