might be another Unicorn Gun

rimfire

well what happens when Norinco decides to resurrect some long dead rifles - or just doesn’t care?

yes it is a box and since I have always liked getting boxes

so new it is still covered in a combination of cosmoline and soya sauce

introducing the JW20 or a the Norinco copy of a Browning SA22 take down rifle

So SemiAuto .22 tube fed bottom ejection with a threaded barrel

it is such a good copy that parts are interchangable

friend actual has both and he can swap barrel assembly. It is a single latch quarter turn to dismount the barrel (remember to pull the action to the rear to clear the extractor).

Field stripped for it’s diesel bath.

there was icky stuff in places that well someone who doesn’t like me knew where to hide it.
the spring and follower in the tube looked like some day old peanut butter and green tea and got a good soak.
The breach block was real simple to remove, pull the bolt to the rear and side the trigger group forward to clear the rails in the receiver, it too went straight into the diesel.
plugged the muzzle end and gave the breach and good drink of diesel and did the same where the magazine tube was.
Then it was scrub scrub, brush brush and repeated pull through in both the barrel and magazine well and feed path.
and once it was “shiny” back together it went and setting the proper barrel tension.

things are so close in spec that the most common thing lost is the tube guide and spring - best part is they are interchangeable.

6 Likes

Great find!

4 Likes

did I mention US$130…as compared to $600 for the Browning - there is one on Gunbrokers right now but doesn’t have the threaded muzzle.

4 Likes

Hell of a price!

3 Likes

I think Norinco brings back some real icons in the firearms world.
Quality lacks sometimes but I say good for them.
History re-born.

4 Likes

Darn you ! Now I want one of those too.

1 Like

did I mention it is center tapped for a scope…

2 Likes

Now that’s just cruel.

1 Like

in truth it is a Chinese Copy of a SA22 and you can see some of the quality issues (or lack there of), but it does shoot and from what I know about them they will always go bang and are quite accurate.

2 Likes