Modification, legal issues?

9 Likes

The whole debate about this topic is horse shit to me
If you own a weapon and modify it to suit you that’s your preference as a firearm owner
As long as your not modifying your firearm in a way to make it fa or dangerous they should kick rocks
That being said there’s a simple fix
If you carry everyday use a unmodified gun plain and simple

8 Likes

This is a really interesting topic. I was just debating this the other day for my own carry gun. I LOVE a good trigger and wanted to add the Lobos trigger to my VP9SK but typically I don’t modify my carry guns. But I feel like a good trigger improves accuracy. Maybe not in every self defense situation, but that could be argued both ways.

5 Likes

rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6…

6 Likes

Could be just another way for the courts to f#ck you. Al Capone did some nasty things. They were able to get him on what, tax evasion? Not the booze, gambling, race tracks, murder, but taxes!

5 Likes

A good DA is going to pull every trick out of the bag to nail you to the wall. My EDC gun is unmodified other than new sights.

5 Likes

I agree. Than would also include hand-loaded ammo, or any other ammo with a scary name like Zombie Max, Saber Black Belt, etc.

5 Likes

Depends on the modification. I’d be hesitant to disable a safety.

Though I did disable the magazine removed disconnect on a Browning Hi-Power.

And a clever saying like “Smile and wait for the flash” on the barrel bushing probably is a bad idea.

I do have MagGuts followers and springs to get me to the State established legal max on my EDC. But no further.

5 Likes

I get this a lot… you can justify quite a few modifications to a firearm you use for every day carry… but there are limits. Even in color…
You HAVE to be smart. Do not have a dust cover that says KILL THEM ALL… or a Punisher pistol… you will be punished. Right or wrong, unless you have a LIT of money to defend yourself, do not be a “gun fighter” looking for trouble.

6 Likes