Mom moving to a nursing home

Prayers for all.

Been there.

9 Likes

On a completely different note , bucking hay for a few summers is how my balls dropped , I think. I’ve done a whole lot of manual labor such as laying cement, worked the fields, worked in a Wal Mart Distribution Center , etc and nothing was that brutal. The farmer bought us beer though and as a teen thats a big thing :rofl:

8 Likes

shoveling manure will do that too lol horse or cow, all stinks - pig REALLY stinks

7 Likes

my dad did some minor racing - was a big gear head also. My one brother is a mechanic now and another one a small engine tech. Grandpa was more into tractors and keeping things working. Dad wanted to go fast and always had the radar detector going lol

7 Likes

Tractors are plenty fast… after a case of beer. In one of my brighter moments I tried operating a backhoe at a kegger …nobody died but I had to pay 2k for damaging a car. Its when I learned my lesson on drinking and driving lol

7 Likes

What happened to your 80’s thread?

5 Likes

The 80’s are over, its long gone.

7 Likes

was it something I said? :rofl:

5 Likes

No, Joe-Bob conjuring up evil spirits like a voodoo Dr to amuse himself,

I can’t let that happen

XanderDustsVamp

7 Likes

It was back and now it’s gone again, that thread disappears and appears more times than there are dollar general stores.

7 Likes

I know… but I’m not the witch here. Jusy playing with a quiji board

5 Likes

That’s your mind playing tricks on you for your activities during the 1970’s

5 Likes

I used to go to the old folks home and help the fish and game setup fishing pools to dump a bunch of fish in. We would let them all come out and fish the pools. They had a ball. Old folks homes aren’t all bad.

7 Likes

My grandfather is going through this too. It’s awkward because when I go to see him I’m not sure if he really remembers me or just saying he does to try and save embarrassment. It is sad to see people go through that.

9 Likes

Yep, mom is good at compensating

5 Likes

The sad thing is we will all have to deal with as our parents and ourselves age .

9 Likes

I sincerely feel for those of you having to endure such long and drawn out difficulties relative to those for whom you care most deeply. Seize the opportunity to cherish them as long as you can. Hold fast the tender bonds and affection the heart hath granted us that uniquely human ability to truly love one another.

8 Likes

@0null00 & @Belt-Fed
To both of you (and anyone else that’s going through this) our thoughts are with you. We lost my mom to dementia in 2016. It is a very tough thing to watch. Don’t feel bad about needing to go to a nursing home if needed.
We had her and Dad living with us for the last several years (Dad still is). It was very difficult for him watching her mind go. She also suffered from hallucinations that made her very angry at times. We were three days away from admitting her to a home when she had a stroke and passed shortly thereafter. As hard as that was we took solace in that she suffered no more.
So any choice you make is fine. You need feel no guilt.

10 Likes

Yep, mom has anger from time to time. Glad you have your dad with you

5 Likes

As a plug, the “hope for the caregiver” podcast has been helpful for me. Peter Rosenberger hosts it and he’s cared for his wife for years who has multiple medical issues, but takes calls on the show also.

4 Likes