Monetary Prepping; Survival Currency

A topic that is often overlooked is money, how do you prepare for a monetary collapse, what are the options, what is the history? This video is sort of a intro to monetary prepping/recovery, just some basics and some of the history, not so much in the how to prepare but more here are different options for trade after the crash, which a person needs to understand in order to prepare.
If you don’t care for a somewhat smug told you so set up skip to 09:30 or so for the real start of the presentation.
https://www.corbettreport.com/solutions-survival-currency/

11 Likes

Ive wondered about this with the way with inflation is going to ruin the value of a dollar here soon. I really feel they are aiming to get us all in on e-currency and further the power banks have over people.

9 Likes

The goal is a cashless society, and from there almost all control is theirs.

9 Likes

Hence the need for alternatives our communities will accept. Barter will happen but to get real growth in a community there needs to be something to circulate.

11 Likes

Guns and Ammo

12 Likes

.22 LR, 9mm and small silver coins (like Liberty dimes).

Salt, seeds and fish hooks are traditionally useful as well.

10 Likes

The link won’t open for me so I don’t know if this was included. I would think liquor or the ability to produce it would be in very high demand.

7 Likes

Not sure it will be here long, the first link still works for me?

8 Likes

More to chew on;

7 Likes

Great ideas and post :+1: I always try to buy local which is not easy in a town of less than 3000, seems like half the stuff in the stores here are from Chins anyway, I see a lot of bare shelves still. Local farmers or green markets for what we can’t grow are always on the list as well. This is sometimes a good resource as well The Freecycle Network the barter system is pretty viable in this area I see no reason it should not be everywhere.

7 Likes

Im starting to buy everything i can locally. Also trying to move away from grocery shopping at Wal Mart or Safeway but with a family of 4 sometimes that difference in price is too significant, when I did the math for two weeks of groceries it damn near doubled. During the summer its easier with farmers markets and our own garden though.

7 Likes