More Armslist Stupidity

Oh yeah, and it’s still rolling along in a cloud of pot smoke and massage parlors…

8 Likes

Got to remember that Phoenix is pretty much the western hub of United States drug trafficking, human trafficking, and some serious dumbass hillbilly tweakers out on the east side and throughout many of the small towns. And desert hillbilly tweakers are a real unique kind of critter.

This place is nothing like it used to be when I moved here over 30 years ago. I blame it on F$&@ing California.

9 Likes

Sad to hear it’s gone even further downhill. I really enjoyed my time there, but that was over 20 years ago that I left. I had a solid job offer with the Phoenix PD, but I spoke French, not Spanish and that wasn’t going to cut it.
:spook:

9 Likes

I hear that on the Spanish…
Honestly though, you dodged a bullet with Phoenix PD. They have a lot of serious issues including corruption, as well as major political problems that really make it difficult for good cops to do their job safely and effectively. They’ve reached the point where they are continuously understaffed due to the reputation that department has amongst our other police departments. Too many other good choices for new/lateral officers, so Phoenix is pulling in the bottom of the barrel when they do get guys in there.
The only other department that has issues as serious as Phoenix is DPS/(Highway Patrol) due to the horrible pay rate for the amount of risk those guys deal with on a daily basis. They don’t have the corruption issues, but the lack of funding is a major problem.

8 Likes

It’s the summer Phoenix heat.
It fries the brain.

9 Likes

Wow. And yeah, I always felt like I dodged a bullet not taking that job (pun intended). :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

100% correct…the higher the temp goes, the more IQs drop.

8 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Would this be a statement that all people in southern states with warmer climates are idiots?

9 Likes

I misunderstood. Yes, there is stupidity on Armslist, just like the rest of the internet. I thought you meant the site itself. The search is not the best, but that is a different problem.

5 Likes

A generalization…not “all”, just “many”.

Get up into the 100 plus degree temps and you see a radical uptick in stupidity…road rage, homicides, assaults, accidents, aggressive driving etc. I see it here every year.

When your high for the day is 110+ and your overnight low doesn’t drop below 90, it gets old real quick.

7 Likes

So there is no stupidity in cold places? We could say the same when it’s - 30 for three months and three feet of snow on the ground and you’re trapped inside cause the door won’t open, then anger ensues. Maybe that is the answer, ya’ll can’t commit crimes and stupid stuff cause you can’t get out of the house.

Seriously, there are bad people in all climates and parts of the country, NOT just warmer states. I could also post some stupidity headlines from colder climates but… meh. why.

and now that I have lived up to the rightful owner of the asshole award, I am through.

7 Likes

Stupidity…the universal constant.

7 Likes

Two more for entertainment purposes only:

The $550 Mosin 91/30!

And 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 Tulammo for only $400!!

9 Likes

Wow, if I had a dellinger I’d be all over that :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Why you got to be hating on Eskimos man?

7 Likes

@Comanchero45

That is the kind of weather I endured when I moved to Dallas in the summer of 1980. It didn’t bother me that much, but that was a very long time ago and I was much younger (able to take on all kinds of challenges back then).

7 Likes

Didn’t used to bother me when I was younger…went 7 years here before I even owned a car with working AC lol.
The older I get, the harder it is to work out in it now. Already over 100 this week…not looking forward to the next 6 months. Can hardly wait til November…

7 Likes

Our 1st day in the 60’s today

7 Likes

70’s today downstate. :+1:

7 Likes