More gun control bills out of Oregon

This one scares me! So, a perp enters your home uninvited. You grab your gun to defend yourself and your family, but the perp somehow wrestles it away from you. Now, the perp can do whatever he wants with your gun and you are “fully liable” ? Hmmm, no, that does not sound right. Suppose he takes the gun and runs. Then uses it to hold up a gas station or bank (or whatever). Now you are liable because he used your gun?

There is a difference between good sounding ideas and vague laws. The ideas are easy to agree to in principle. The laws can get you into serious trouble when (at least sometimes), you should not be. We don’t need laws to confirm good ideas. Let the government talk about what they consider good ideas and have them make less laws of them. Far fewer innocent people would be charged with crimes that should not have been.

3 Likes

But the gubberment knows best…according to the gubberment

2 Likes

unlike most of you, I do not have the protection of the 2ndA and have to suffer through a lot worse laws (including that pistols, revolvers, SBRs and anything that looks like a AR15 must have a trigger lock and be in a locked container (storage and transport). Rifles and shotguns are required to either have a trigger lock or locked containment (again storage and transport). And on top of that the ammo cannot be stored readily available next to the firearm and must be in a locked containmnent.
However with that being said who here has a locking gas cap or locks their car/truck when they park it?

1 Like

I dont need them to defend me at a seconds notice.

1 Like

Although I do use a quick access safe since I have small children at home.
My issue is that they have an agenda here. This one of many small semmingly insignificant bills that actually are used later to push a bigger one. They speak in a way that makes it easy for them to reword its meaning later. lets say this was pass tommorrow, I can gaurentee measure 44 would be used as an example of success and to help them ban open carry (which they are trying to do). They will toute measure 44 as the reason there isnt as many accidental gun deaths when in reality there never was much to begin with. FUCK these commie cunts, they are very good at manipulating people by being over dramatic and fear mongering the ignorant hippies on the westside of the state…Now I need to go add some whiskey to my coffee, thanks alot.

3 Likes

First while all good ideas (except for the portion quoted above) the idea of making these laws does nothing to increase safety. The responsible gun owner will do these things. But if law these laws can be manipulated in court to make a criminal of an otherwise law abiding citizen.
For example. “Directly supervise any child who uses their gun.” You go out in the desert with some friends and one of their kids. (all responsible gun owners) your friend asks if their kid can shoot your .22 pistol. You allow it and your friend supervises him. But he manages to shoot himself in the foot. Should you be responsible or his father? With a law like this they can convict you.
This is just an example of course but courts and liberal judges and jurors can have a hay day.

Regarding the quoted portion above… If I am transporting my guns I am responsible for them. They are useless to me for defense if they’re locked. Storage when I’m not around sure, but this still should not be a law. There are already sufficient laws to nail someone for criminal negligence.
These laws are only written for political gain and do nothing to increase safety. Because only those who would follow these laws already do these things.
Those who do not, would not.

4 Likes

Yea, mainly in those liberal cities mentioned though. The feds are heavy over here right now too, supposedly there is “militia” activity(dont know the story there) popping up all over the state especially in the Redmond area and they are worried that theres going to be violence over this stuff. I think the rednecks have cameout to play.

2 Likes

Measure 43 got shut down. They didnt even get half the votes needed. Seems they met much more opposition then support and pretty much got slapped around then laughed at. Supposedly they will be back for next year. Im glad Oregon went Donald Trump on these libs and grabbed them by the pussy.

7 Likes

Right before the fourth of july ,which is my also my birthday…good shit, time for another drink.

4 Likes

2 Likes