Morel Mushrooms!

its very tough, but I’m giving these all another day

then, butter flavor crisco and a frying pan!

a week ago I bought some from a guy alongside the road, 50 a pound,

today I walk out of the camper and bam!

6 feet out from it

of course seeing this from the camper window makes the fall look better

9 Likes

Mmmm, bambi with sauteed mushrooms…coming to a plate near you!

7 Likes

Not sure why but I only found 3 this year on my families property this season. Usually I can get quite a few.

7 Likes

Those things cost $50/lb? No wonder the old man kept coming onto my property collecting them. Damn.

7 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t just eat a few hallucinogenic mushrooms and were imagining that you weren’t seeing anymore??

9 Likes

Haha pretty sure, but that rainbow deer that was helping me was pretty convinced there weren’t anymore

8 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Found some too.

9 Likes

Some? :rofl:
Looks like you found the mother load​:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

thats a bargain compared to walmart, 600 per #
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Morel-Mushrooms/191771043

of course mine were fresh, dried out it might be the same

7 Likes

We have a mushroom vendor at the local Farmers Market the guy drives away in a newer SL Mercedes Benz :crazy_face:

6 Likes

short season, I’d grab at least ½ # and fry them up while you can

The car IMO is a sign he’s retired and well off enough to hunt morels, buy some and thank him!

6 Likes

Last time he had chanterelle mushrooms and some white truffles, Crazy :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: but well worth the treat! Fried up in bacon drippings :+1::+1:

6 Likes

I’ve sit wild mushrooms that are amazing. I’ve had other times too that weren’t enjoyable at all but I still do it

4 Likes

Just make sure they are true morels. Those false morels look similar and are toxic.

5 Likes

And for goodness sake, don’t use butter flavored crisco! Use ghee and you will never use butter flavored crisco again.

3 Likes

falsies I know but ghee?

1 Like

Clarified Butter - for cooking with real butter that won’t burn because the milk solids are removed. It’s delicious and soooo much better than crisco. And better for you also. It’s not trans fat like crisco is.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll see if I can find it, just now looked and was surprised crisco isn’t even lard, which I thought it was

2 Likes

Available at Walmart

4 Likes