Most Reliable and Accurate 1911 under $1,000 USD

Both are badass cartridges. I love both.

2 Likes

I know
I am trying to find the 226 clone and the 1911 that are chambered in 7.62 Tok

1 Like

Ummm, WHAT?! An actual 1911 in 7.62x25?

1 Like

allegedly that Armscor/RIA made one

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen one come through the shop a few years ago in 7.62 tok
But it was a customs built gun the guys name was Ed I think
he was coming in to see the owner to get a stash of 7.62 tok surplus ammo he had hiding in the back

3 Likes

RIA 1911A1-FS chambered in 7.62x25 (Tokarev)

Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives

I just changed the thumb safety (filed, polished & fitted) for a tactical safety. I get a better purchase with my thumb and it is way easier to ā€¦

4 Likes

Ugh, now I want. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Ive never even looked at the 7.62 Tok but the numbers are impressive.

2 Likes

Ive about talked myself into the ruger sr1911 as my next purchase.

3 Likes

gunarchy:

.45 acp or 10 mm?

2 Likes

@JohnB wellā€¦i was thinking 45 butā€¦dammit man! Lol back to the thinking room!

3 Likes

gunarchy:

The 10 mm version has one thing improved/fixed that the .45 acp does not (sorry, I donā€™t recall what).

But, I have heard people say that the 10 mm is as good as the Colt Delta Elite (though, not sure which version of the Colt - with rail, or without - they were referring to - probably the one without).

I, too, am considering an SR1911 in 10 mm.

3 Likes

Talk to yourself often? Probably shouldnā€™t admit that in public, ATF will want your guns backā€¦just sayinā€¦

2 Likes

well there are some advantages to me with 10mm as i carry 40 s&w. Could always trim cases back. Will have to look at ammo prices. Will probably be a 45 tho. I believe the 10mm was an extra few hundred dollars.

2 Likes

Lol all the time. Im witty as hell.

3 Likes

gunarchy:

the 10 mm shows as being only $40 more than the .45 acp on Buds Gun Shop Online:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ruger+sr1911

either way, though, best of luck in your decision!

3 Likes

Ever lose an argument with yourself? As long it doesnā€™t end up in a physical confrontation, itā€™s all good.

4 Likes

Noā€¦me and myself agree on everything. Its like we share a brain lol

4 Likes

Lucky bastard!

4 Likes

10mm or bust!!

4 Likes