Motorcycles - all

All my bikes had crash bars ever since one of my riding buddies almost lost a leg. When his went down and the motor burned his leg really bad.

5 Likes

I actually laid my down in the driveway last summer. I was backing up and the front wheel caught a raised joint in the concrete. It was just enough to throw me off balance and I couldn’t hold it up. Fortunately, I still had enough grip that I basically just lowered it to the ground.

I used the tried and true method of putting my butt on the seat and raising it with my legs. I was surprised at how easy it was to pick back up. I checked and there weren’t any scratches and fortunately, no neighbors outside to see my blunder lol.

7 Likes

Do any of you guys use jacks when working on or cleaning the bike? I wouldn’t want to do it without one now…

6 Likes

I use the same. Not hard to flip if ya ain’t careful.

Yep once-----just once.

5 Likes

Might find this unusual but my bike has a center stand

5 Likes

Nice! Every bike I ever owned had a center stand until I moved over to Harley’s. At first, I was lost without one and found it very strange that the bike didn’t have one lol. I’ve read up on them but just never ordered one. It would make maintenance a whole easier for sure!

3 Likes

That looks nice!

2 Likes

It was great fun and went down the road to a very happy buyer.

However, anyone looking to get an FJR feel confident in Muzzy pipes, Amsoil, and Mayer seats. The 5 speed wide ratio gear box is incredible, and IIRC still used today. With those Muzzy pipes I nick-named it Boomer; you got the low end grunt out of tight corners, but at cruising speeds there was not the usual irritating drone of some after market custom pipes.

4 Likes

I think I’ll be OK as long as I allow plenty of time to stop…

snow1

7 Likes

And an electric (heated) jacket, pants, gloves, boots, helmet

5 Likes

Snow bird the f*** out.

6 Likes

2005 Kawasaki nomad, 60,000 miles and 2010 Goldwing

7 Likes

Nice bikes. That GW has more switches than an F-16.

5 Likes

My Dad’s '47, about 1972. He got it from a Bandido. The engine was locked up and my Dad rebuilt it. I’ll never forget the first time he fired it up. Sweet music!

10 Likes

hard tail, ew, been there :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh they weren’t so bad w/10 lbs of air in the back tire.
Plus hard tail weren’t so bad when I had a hard tail too.

Now not so much.

4 Likes

Thats a fact :sunglasses:

That looks like an old carlisle tire and they could handle running on no air,

as much as I love the old school my geezer glider with air suspension is a keeper :grin:

4 Likes

Sold the geezer glider yesterday, pretty sad stuff, ugh, and for 1k less than I owed, and I lost 3k when I bought it with my trade

but, bikes aren’t selling now so grateful mine did as my new house has no garage

6 Likes

2004 Vl800 over 62000 miles on it. I bought it new

8 Likes

Did you at least remove the bandido support group sticker before the sale.

4 Likes