Mountain Tiger from the west

Hey guys, I build AR’s and like long range shooting.
Tactical sent me an invite so I assume you guys are cool.

14 Likes

Welcome to Full30 Forum, Mountain Tiger.

Hope you enjoy it here.

How long a range do you shoot? What gun and caliber do you use for long range shooting?

6 Likes

I’ve shot my friend’s long action 6.5 Creed bolt.
I built 6.5 Grendel AR-15 with an 20 in Odinworks barrel rifle length as a long range AR.
With a 5 round mag I can hunt medium game with it out here.

I’m in college and work so I’m putting off my bolt gun build until next year. I’ll prolly build a long action savage with a custom barrel. Haven’t decided on the cartridge I’ll use for the Bolt build yet.

Most of my other AR’s are 556 or 223 Wylde. I may build a 224 Valkr rifle length gun for fun.

6 Likes

how was shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor?

that is a caliber I am seriously interested in adding to my collection.

5 Likes

Welcome @MountainTiger
Great to have you here!!

4 Likes

The 6.5 is the best all around longer cartridge IHMO. It’s a longer version of the 6.5 Grendel (Creedmoor preceded it I think) and it does just about everything from hunting to targets very well. I don’t feel like it has a lot of recoil on a standard bolt rifle. In an AR-10 platform I don’t think it would have much recoil at all. If I were building an AR-10 6.5 Creed would def be my choice.

Both 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor have similar ballistics to the .308 (from my understanding) but they have less drift and much less recoil. Compared to shooting a M1 in .308 the 6.5 Creed has far less recoil.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum

6 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

Good assumption :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brother!!

6 Likes

Welcome to Full30 @MountainTiger Good to have you here. Jump right in the water’s fine.

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

4 Likes

Welcome to Full30!:smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the full30 forum!

4 Likes

Welcome to FULL30. We all enjoy learning with everybody.

7 Likes

Welcome! And yes we are awesome!

4 Likes

Welcome to Full30…:+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Brother.

4 Likes