MOVE Bombing: The Story of How Philadelphia Became "The City That Bombed Itself"

Draw whatever modern parallels from the MOVE bombing of 1985 that you wish. The whole buildup to it is fascinating, and the event wound up serving as a prelude to what would follow at Waco only a few years later.

10 Likes

The loons got exactly what they asked for.

6 Likes

I never looked much into Waco, it seemed to be craziness and shady behavior on both sides.

6 Likes

Koresh was a wackadoo, no two ways about it, but there’s something to be said against the ATF immolating women and children.

7 Likes

There’s a show on Netflix about Waco…I’d highly recommend it.
It’s very interesting, and well done.
The series is based on books written by a survivor that was inside the Koresh compound, and the FBI negotiator that handled communications with Koresh.

6 Likes

The ATF or FBI could have picked up Koresh in Waco almost daily . And not put the people in his compound in danger . This was the Clinton administration making an example of someone . Just like ruby ridge.

7 Likes

Exactly.
The show sheds some real good light on the ATF reasoning for Waco, coming off the Ruby Ridge incident

5 Likes

Ruby Ridge was not the same as Waco. The feds set up Weaver then killed his family for non-compliance. One of thier idiot sharpshooters even bragged that he didnt regret killing the family which consisted of a woman and baby. So…f*** them on this one, theres a reason they had to pay him so much money over that ordeal, because they know they fucked up.

The rest is thier typical bullshit of covering up and lying to justify thier evil to the masses.

5 Likes

Have you ever met Randy Weaver . I have and he came across as being on the skechy side just gave me the feeling he wasnt quite right.

4 Likes

According to the FBI negotiator, and the survivor, the ATF used the same playbook for Waco. A BS setup claiming illegally modified weapons in order to justify their attack on the compound. It was supposed to be a quick in and out with the ATF “rescuing” all the endangered children. They even invited the press to show off how great they were doing their job…they wanted to get public backing after Ruby Ridge, and basically ended up doing the same thing again times 10.
The ATF setup didn’t go down as planned and it ended in a fiery fiasco.
I’m not defending Koresh or his wackos, however, there were no grounds for what they did, it was another abuse of power in a long line of abuses.
And you are correct…they could have arrested Koresh easily if that was what they wanted.

5 Likes

They still shot a baby and woman then showed no remorse. I dont know weaver personally but I am very familiar with the area and a whole lot of folks were not happy about this. Weaver was associated with people of interest to the FBI but wouldnt turn on them. Even if he was a creep its obvious who the bad guy was here, in my opinion.

5 Likes

Not isolated

https://www.november.org/razorwire/rzold/26/page1.html

Both dad and son met the same fate, different front porches

4 Likes

They keep after him to supply them with sawed off shotguns . Which he finally did after being pestered for some time then they tried to use that to get him to turn on other people . Instead he bunkered up with his family and they shot his wife and I belive a son . The whole thing was wrong from the start you don’t set someone up and then start shooting when he won’t be blackmailed into setting someone else up.

5 Likes

Pretty much how Tommy Chong was busted, boxes of bongs paid for to be picked up, kept pestering him to ship out of state, when he finally did he was busted on interstate commerce charges

5 Likes

Exactly. First they come for the dyed in the wool wackos, and then they change the definition of “wackos.”

7 Likes