Movie worth watching

Basically it’s about some criminals that screw up a job and are sentenced to death by Denver’s head mobster. A bit of a cult classic, enjoyable and a lil twisted.

6 Likes

I like twisted. Thanx.

4 Likes

This should be right up your alley lol.

Let me know what you think.

4 Likes

you better begin at the beginning.
the most important movie to watch (relevant to the problems you are facing right now and feeling unable to discern their origins) is
Metropolis by Fritz Lang.

there is a “restored” version with original music (other versions are in multiple ways damaged), it is no longer copyrighted, so you can find many copies, here is one:

6 Likes

Yeah I tried that one. Couldn’t hack it.

2 Likes

you ought to.
it opens eyes and lays foundations.

it might appear difficult to watch because it is very CLEAR, unusually clear from contemporary info NOISES, memes, interpretations and everything that shapes your familiar environment, makes you comfy and misleads you.

5 Likes

Does it?

I’ve never heard of it, a condensed version would be more desirable that’s for sure, I did find a well written summary

and skimmed though the video you provided, I like it for sure, early public notice through film, prior to film these same messages were delivered via theater, books and other literary works, Homer’s Odyssey for example, one hell of a biblical comparison hidden in that one, will I find the time to sit through it, not sure I need to, I’d bet many modern films convey the same message, happy to see you sharing it though :+1:

5 Likes

It’s been years since I watched Metropolis. I liked it and the prophetic nature of it.

5 Likes

it absolutely can not be “condensed” because the major point in it is the aesthetics, although unspoken, this movie pictures the conflict of different aesthetic systems (within and upon) the society and also uses “non-action” visuals to convey the aspirations of the people. This movie explained historical nazism for me.

4 Likes

I am sure it works for some. As a young boy I drew the line in the sand at silent movies. I gave it an honest try some years ago at the behest of a friend and was just frustrated by it. I also don’t care for Jackson Pollock or Pablo Picasso either.

3 Likes

you should care about Pollock and Picasso by utterly condemning them.

3 Likes

If you like that movie there were a bunch that came out around that time that tried the pulp fiction thing:

Kalifornia
Love and a .45
True romance
The big hit
and a few more that escape me.

5 Likes
4 Likes

LOL ahhh ‘The Buckwheats’. LOL

5 Likes

very superficial, very watery (almost word for word repeating what we simply see on the screen), very template (“how to write a classy review”) – none of the hidden meanings of the movie is revealed – a zero value review.

3 Likes

Which are?

1 Like

you-know-who-ish war on beauty, just the most obvious one.
or this opening “explosion” of meanings – the entire human sexuality explained in one scene, in a sentence, albeit lengthy.
the finale is magnificent – the ruling class achieved piece with the enforcing class to the great pleasure of the working class – doesn’t it capture the entire politics as we know it since forever?

2 Likes

No help, except to bring up a great tune :grin:

4 Likes